Question SSDs too hot on a Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming X

Kingharry01

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
I have an Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming X, unfortunately now I have problems with the temperature of the m.2 SSDs, the SSDs heat up much too much. Is there a way to get new cooling pads? During the last cleaning I noticed that the pads leak and break.

The cooling pads are leaking? Are you sure that's right? are you talking about the thermal pads on the heatsink, like this:
vcy80xkzpm901.jpg

If so then yes you can always buy new THERMAL PADS for your m.2. Check this out.

Kingharry01

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
Hi,
sorry it took me so long to answer.
Yes I mean the thermal pads, it looks like liquid is coming out of them.
The problem with this motherboard is that it is all over all three M.2 slots AND over the chipset of this heatspreader and in between this thermal pad. I can buy the M.2 pads new, but the chipset thing is not, is it enough to cut something together?
I don't want to remove the heatspreader because I don't know how much the chipset relies on it.

But my SSDs get up to 50 degrees Celsius and I don't know how to change it.

Kingharry01

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
Oh sorry, I must have gotten the wrong information. I have read and heard that everything over 40 is too much, especially for longevity. Especially because my hard drives have 45 at idle and can reach 60 under load.

Because of the chipset, I would still like to replace the thermal pad because the current one is broken. Does it have a bad effect if you use splitted pads?