ST2 More on duplicated building/furnishing

Today, after bringing in a few more of my packed furnished houses, I have a
lot of repeats of my favourite 1950s flowery carpets.
Too many. Also a couple of recoloured tables show up five times each..

This is a bummer.
I think... the only thing I can do is install all my packed houses (gawd),
enter them, and delete every instance of recoloured stuff. Then, I hope,
after cleaning out the downloads, I can reinstall the packed files and have
them show up just the once.

Just cleaning up the downloads folder won't work, because as soon as I bring
in another saved, furnished, house, it will all start over again.
What a pest.
Thought I would let you know just in case it happens to anyone else, or, if
it has happened, what the heck did you do about it???

The Exp. Pack must have something to do with it because I imported my
furnished houses many times before without this happening to this extent.
One or two duplicates, yes. Whole strings of the wretched things, no.

Granny.

This is where you need clean installer Granny. Deleting them inside the
houses in the game won't help unless you delete them from the build and buy
menus too - otherwise they'll still be in the game, just not in the houses.
With clean installer you can both stop the stuff being installed in the
first place and/or have a look at the house Sims2Pack file and delete the
stuff from that BEFORE installation. Or you can use clean installer to find
the repeats (often coloured pink) and delete them from your Downloads
folder.

Best wishes
Maxon

> This is where you need clean installer Granny.

Ahhhhh. So I do. I KNEW there was something else I had forgotten. 8(
Will do, soonest.

Apart from that, the only things that have bothered me are the new exercise
machines. Can normal Sims use them?

Granny.

Granny Crabapple wrote:

>>This is where you need clean installer Granny.
>

> Ahhhhh. So I do. I KNEW there was something else I had forgotten. 8(
> Will do, soonest.
>
> Apart from that, the only things that have bothered me are the new exercise
> machines. Can normal Sims use them?

My family is using the treadmill with no problems. I like watching them
stumble and fall off the end when they're tired.

-georg

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>This is where you need clean installer Granny.
>>

>> Ahhhhh. So I do. I KNEW there was something else I had forgotten. 8(
>> Will do, soonest.
>>
>> Apart from that, the only things that have bothered me are the new
>> exercise machines. Can normal Sims use them?
>
> My family is using the treadmill with no problems. I like watching them
> stumble and fall off the end when they're tired.
>
> -georg

Boooo. I moved choice families out of that Strange place and rehoused them
in a flatter desert. Nervous Subject (hatted, bearded and with dark
sunglasses) moved into my smallest GWR country station (three rooms and a
loo.)
I put the most basic machine on the platform for him but there was no option
to use it, or any other, apart from the standard machine.
Worried, I bought a drum kit....
8((( Nervous Subject loves the drums. I suppose he pretends he is bashing
hell out of the Beakers. So no problem using other new items.

And WHAT has happened to the piano???? Mr Mephistopheles Jones has changed
from a delicate Bach preformer to a flamboyant, cross- handed jazz club
player. Oooer.

Granny.

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> And WHAT has happened to the piano???? Mr Mephistopheles Jones has changed
> from a delicate Bach preformer to a flamboyant, cross- handed jazz club
> player. Oooer.

I think that's because the jazz sounds better with a bass and drums
joined in.

Had other company with (zero creativity) that insisted on banging on the
piano (ouch!) and the bass and the drums. Put someone at the piano who
can actually play and it isn't terrible. Yet another reason to sell the
piano when company comes over. And the tip jar at home is annoying.
Reminds me of a spittoon, and I keep wanting a "chaw" option.

-georg

I play Bach at home and jazz in company ...

Hmmm. Am I a sim?

Best wishes
Maxon

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
> > And WHAT has happened to the piano???? Mr Mephistopheles Jones has
changed
> > from a delicate Bach preformer to a flamboyant, cross- handed jazz club
> > player. Oooer.
>
> I think that's because the jazz sounds better with a bass and drums
> joined in.
>
> Had other company with (zero creativity) that insisted on banging on the
> piano (ouch!) and the bass and the drums. Put someone at the piano who
> can actually play and it isn't terrible. Yet another reason to sell the
> piano when company comes over. And the tip jar at home is annoying.
> Reminds me of a spittoon, and I keep wanting a "chaw" option.
>
> -georg

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> And WHAT has happened to the piano???? Mr Mephistopheles Jones has
>> changed from a delicate Bach preformer to a flamboyant, cross- handed
>> jazz club player. Oooer.
>
> I think that's because the jazz sounds better with a bass and drums joined
> in.
>
> Had other company with (zero creativity) that insisted on banging on the
> piano (ouch!) and the bass and the drums. Put someone at the piano who can
> actually play and it isn't terrible. Yet another reason to sell the piano
> when company comes over. And the tip jar at home is annoying. Reminds me
> of a spittoon, and I keep wanting a "chaw" option.

Tip jar?

GCA

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Had other company with (zero creativity) that insisted on banging on the
>>piano (ouch!) and the bass and the drums. Put someone at the piano who can
>>actually play and it isn't terrible. Yet another reason to sell the piano
>>when company comes over. And the tip jar at home is annoying. Reminds me
>>of a spittoon, and I keep wanting a "chaw" option.
>>

> Tip jar?
>
> GCA

Watch them at the piano now- when they sit down, they set out the
spitton. When they stop playing, they pick it up and empty it and get
miffed if no money comes out. It's there for the drums or bass too.

-georg

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>

>> Tip jar?
>>
>> GCA
>
> Watch them at the piano now- when they sit down, they set out the spitton.
> When they stop playing, they pick it up and empty it and get miffed if no
> money comes out. It's there for the drums or bass too.
>
> -georg

Dear me. How... mercinary. 8(
<memo> check out moving a piano to a community plot...>

Granny.

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Granny Crabapple wrote:
>>

>>>Tip jar?
>>>
>>>GCA
>>
>>Watch them at the piano now- when they sit down, they set out the spitton.
>>When they stop playing, they pick it up and empty it and get miffed if no
>>money comes out. It's there for the drums or bass too.
>>
>>-georg
>

> Dear me. How... mercinary. 8(
> <memo> check out moving a piano to a community plot...>
>
> Granny.

That's what it was started for - a way for teens to make mony in college.

But it just seems odd for a family at home...

Not so much if they were hosting a party though.

-georg