[SOLVED] Stability issue.

Samuel hut

Great
Mar 22, 2022
Hey.
My PC keeps turning off and turning itself back on over and over again. Initially I thought it was the PSU, then the mobo and ssd and replaced everything else but the problem persists.
PC : i7 8700
RAM : Ripjaws 16x1 3600Mhz DDR4
Mobo : Gigabyte b365 ds3h
PSU : Cooler master 850w storm edition

Ultimately I decided the RAM is the culprit as it is a 3600Mhz RAM while my mobo only supports 2666 Mhz and CPUz says that's what it's running at.
The RAM has a sticker that says 1.35v while the bios says it's at 1.2v. I'm suspecting this to be the problem.
Should I manually increase the voltage? Or is this voltage only for 3600Mhz and not for 2666 Mhz? How do I solve this problem otherwise?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.
Added images for everything mentioned above.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12dO4_YjwZL8yqRlhLIwTrh56nU95zvtE/view?usp=drivesdk

Hey.
My PC keeps turning off and turning itself back on over and over again. Initially I thought it was the PSU, then the mobo and ssd and replaced everything else but the problem persists.
PC : i7 8700
RAM : Ripjaws 16x1 3600Mhz DDR4
Mobo : Gigabyte b365 ds3h
PSU : Cooler master 850w storm edition

Ultimately I decided the RAM is the culprit as it is a 3600Mhz RAM while my mobo only supports 2666 Mhz and CPUz says that's what it's running at.
The RAM has a sticker that says 1.35v while the bios says it's at 1.2v. I'm suspecting this to be the problem.
Should I manually increase the voltage? Or is this voltage only for 3600Mhz and not for 2666 Mhz? How do I solve this problem otherwise?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.
Added images for everything mentioned above.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12dO4_YjwZL8yqRlhLIwTrh56nU95zvtE/view?usp=drivesdk
DDR4 is good for up to 2v so 1.35v+, if that helps, is not a problem.

Samuel hut

Great
Mar 22, 2022
Tried changing it to 1.35v, the problem persists.
Should I change the RAM timings to the one mentioned on the packaging?
Did the event viewer errors mean anything to you?
Is the RAM in the 2nd slot from the motherboard? That is normally the one recommended for single channel but your motherboard manual doesn’t even list a recommendation for single channel.
Yes, I've put it in the 2nd slot, 2nd from the processor unit.

Samuel hut

Great
Mar 22, 2022
Is your BIOS version up to date?

Can you borrow another stick of RAM from someone? It does seem it may be defective.
Yes, the bios was updated day before yesterday. I had the same concern so I RMAd the RAM for which Gskill said they can't replace it since they found no defects after running a memory diagnostic.