Apr 28, 2020
I upgraded my system from an fx8350 CPU paired with an MSI 970 Gaming mobo to a Ryzen 5 3600 and ASRock B450 Steel Legend. This has caused my "staggered" gpu set-up (1050ti & Gt730) to throw a fit, with the 1050ti being the sole graphics provider. I use the 1050ti for the gaming / main monitor, and the gt730 for another monitor and a cheap projector.

Ive tried a lot of things with device manager, reinstalling drivers, reseating the 730, etc. I really need help finding a solution to make the 730 run, since its simply how I like to have it.

Device manager did show the 730 as a faulty hidden device, but after I tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling, it doesnt show up at all, causing more problems.

TL;DR, two different gpus, one works, one doesnt. Help.

And please, don't tell me about unrelated things like how much power is taken from using all the monitors on one card, I just use the 730 to spread the load, even if its not by much.

Apr 28, 2020
Did you do a clean install of the OS after the motherboard, CPU change? What BIOS version are you running right now?
I did not, I cloned the OS drive to my NVMe SSD through Acronis due to needing the upgrade / lots of important programs involved with my work that would take me weeks to get approved on the new drive install. Ik, it's a pretty odd reason. However, I did have to re-activate windows.

The MOBO is at the latest BIOS, 3.20. It came pre-installed with it.
The two cards worked flawlessly about 4-5 drivers ago on the previous set up.

Apr 28, 2020
I made a previous thread about this, but circumstances have changed even more.

I run a GTX 1050ti for my main monitor, and a GT 730 for secondary.
The GT 730 DOES NOT show up in device manager when turning 'show hidden devices' on.
My ASRock B450 Steel Legend does not have a dedicated GPU menu in BIOS.

I need this other card to work, simple as that. Ive tried reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, ive reseated the gpu in place of the 1050ti, etc. Ive also tried this with a spare 750ti from another build. It seems that windows only wants to recognize my 1050ti for some stupid reason.

Ive reinstalled windows, ive reinstalled drivers, ive reseated everything multiple times. Could someone please help me try and get the motherboard or whatever to allow the GPU to be recognized and functioning?

Apr 28, 2020
Secondary GPU is not functioning. It previously showed up in the Hidden Devices list of Device Manager, but now it does not show up at all after installing the latest drivers. The fans spin, it gets power, and it displays if moved into the main PCIe slot.
The bottom PCIe slot does infact get power and work, its just a matter of getting the cards to be detected and responsive.
Device manager showed Code 45, but we all know the codes it gives are usually always useless. I ran power-shell and command prompt commands to try and fix it, but that didn't work either.

It does not matter what card it is, unless its the 1050ti ive always used. For some reason, that is perfectly fine. But if its a Gt 730 or a 750ti (the cards I have lying around that D O function in other computers, and this one if left alone in the main slot).
My motherboard is an ASRock b450 Steel Legend running the latest BIOS (3.20), along with the latest AMD chipset from AMD themselves.

I HAVE RE-SEATED RAM, GPU'S, AND CLEARED CMOS
Please do not tell me about how useless it might be to run two cards like that, with power draw and what not. I have to run things like this for many reasons.