Stand by in shutdown

Barry

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I have read that when you install terminal services that the shutdown is
removed. We have 30 Dual Xeon/Intel MoBo servers and for the life of me I
can not get rid of it. I am wandering if there is a reghack or another way
of disabling this. I have already run into a user putting it into stand by
and want to get ride of this completely.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

You can remove the "Shutdown" option from the Start menu with a GPO.

BUT: normal users will only be able to actually shutdown the server
when they are Administrators, even if they can see the Shutdown
option. If your users really are Administrators, you have more
problems waiting for you, which can't be solved by a reboot (like
users installing software, deleting system files, in general: messing
up your server completely).

278295 - How to Lock Down a Windows 2000 Terminal Services Session
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278295

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT