Question stand off screws problem

Jul 2, 2020
okay so I am a 14 year old that just built their first pc. I finished the whole thing tested it for the first time and fans and everything worked great. but my USB ports didn't work and nothing showed up on my motherboard. all of the usbs front and back. I now understand that I forgot to install stand off screws before putting my motherboard in. is my motherboard permanently damaged because of this. I saw a thread saying this could be a problem.

There may have being a short circuit because of the motherboard get in direct contact with metal, and there is a chance that the motherboard get broken.

Just try to put the motherboard in correctly and see if the problem still persists.

Jul 2, 2020
There may have being a short circuit because of the motherboard get in direct contact with metal, and there is a chance that the motherboard get broken.

Just try to put the motherboard in correctly and see if the problem still persists.
the fans and everything seems to be running. do u think the motherboard could still be broken?

Last edited: