Stand Up: Lian Li's DK-04 Is A Height-Adjustable Standing Desk Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Its sharp.. hopefully that's $1500 with free shipping instead of $1500 with +$300 in shipping costs. Do like DXRacer and include the shipping in the margins. Obutto could also learn from this.

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
Nice one but given the size of the thing it's a pitty the MB size is limited to ATX. Then I would like to see room for 140 mm fans instead of those 120 mm.

This is everything I would want in a desk, but where do I put my mouse/kb? Is there a slide-out surface to accommodate this?

Also, if they created a replaceable front panel for front panel connectors, and replaceable front-panel connection hubs, you could view this as an investment of sorts.

And one more thing... If you're going to make this thick enough to accommodate a 140mm cooler why not add 2.5 more cm so just about any cooler can be used? The desk is bulky already. There's no attempt at being slim here so why not make it thicker by a little bit?

When USB 3.0 (or USB in general!) and it's very-noticeable bright-blue slot goes by the way of the dinosaur, it's going to date this $1500 desk.

I think it's a very cool concept. Easy to swap out parts for the ever-evolving PC. Easy to keep clean. Stand up, sit down, fight, fight, fight! I do like it.

This is everything I would want in a desk, but where do I put my mouse/kb? Is there a slide-out surface to accommodate this?

Also, if they created a replaceable front panel for front panel connectors, and replaceable front-panel connection hubs, you could view this as an investment of sorts.

And one more thing... If you're going to make this thick enough to accommodate a 140mm cooler why not add 2.5 more cm so just about any cooler can be used? The desk is bulky already. There's no attempt at being slim here so why not make it thicker by a little bit?

When USB 3.0 (or USB in general!) and it's very-noticeable bright-blue slot goes by the way of the dinosaur, it's going to date this $1500 desk.

I think it's a very cool concept. Easy to swap out parts for the ever-evolving PC. Easy to keep clean. Stand up, sit down, fight, fight, fight! I do like it.

You just put your mouse and keyboard on top. Those slide out keyboard trays are stupid.

Vaesmannaeyjar

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
What si the minimum height for this thing? given how deep it is, the surface will endup being at 80cm which isn't really good for ergonomics.

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

You just put your mouse and keyboard on top. Those slide out keyboard trays are stupid.

The slide out trays were originally designed to deal with the fact that the standard desk height is above the comfortable level for a keyboard. This can be adjusted to the right height so it negates that. I can be nice to be able to stow the keyboard and mouse away but a lot of those trays are poorly made anyway.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

The slide out trays were originally designed to deal with the fact that the standard desk height is above the comfortable level for a keyboard. This can be adjusted to the right height so it negates that. I can be nice to be able to stow the keyboard and mouse away but a lot of those trays are poorly made anyway.

There are numerous monitor stands that provide a place to stash the keyboard and mouse when not in use. A bit of a throwback to the days when only a few activities were done on the computer. Nowadays it's more the opposite, with many people not seeing a need to ever put the keyboard and mouse aside.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
This is the sort of indulgence I would get if I won the lottery. Stuff like $100K sports cars don't really appeal to me but I'd really like to build a system in one of these.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is a pretty thick desk, which means the keyboard will probably end up being too high. Especially when raised to standing position. I agree with @ubercake - a height-adjustable section for mouse & kb would be ideal.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just get a side table, for food & drinks.

I did that, after the first & only time I spilled beer in my keyboard. And because I waited 'till the next morning to clean it out, the keyboard was ruined - the acidic beer had eaten away at some of the traces on the membrane.

Status
Not open for further replies.