[SOLVED] Standard safe iGPU Voltage setting? (integrated graphics for i7 4770k) (no OC)

IncredibleHat

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
I'm trying to set the voltage of my intel integrated gpu, in the BIOS. If I just set it as "Auto", the voltage in the BIOS reads as 0.0000 v. If I change that to "Manual" it wants a static number, but I'm having a hard time finding what is a standard voltage value for the iGPU on the i7 CPU. The other choice is a "+" Option where I'm guessing its +v over some unknown base number.

Any pointers?

I'm not looking to 'overclock', I'm just trying to find the standard baseline settings. "Auto" may be causing some issues, but I won't know unless I can plug in some manual numbers.

Solution
Well, I set it to 1.1, and set the cpu voltage to 1.2 (both in Manual mode). Hardware monitor showed a "IA +1.201" and "GT +1.16", where it used to show "IA +0.00" and "GT +0.00". So I'm thinking its just offsets from standard as is.

Either way, setting the iGPU voltage up +1.1 did not stop the issue I'm having (different thread). I guess I can give up on this question.
Leave it on auto.

What problems?

IncredibleHat

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
Well, I set it to 1.1, and set the cpu voltage to 1.2 (both in Manual mode). Hardware monitor showed a "IA +1.201" and "GT +1.16", where it used to show "IA +0.00" and "GT +0.00". So I'm thinking its just offsets from standard as is.

Either way, setting the iGPU voltage up +1.1 did not stop the issue I'm having (different thread). I guess I can give up on this question.

IncredibleHat

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
Nope, not very well at all. Its about a few extra words above the blurbs on the BIOS itself ;)

Its ok, I gave it ample voltage (without increasing the clocks) to determine that the extra power does not solve the other issue I'm still trying to eliminate. Thought maybe the iGPU was being starved, but it clearly is not the case.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Leave it on auto.

What problems?

Solution