Standard VS DCH Graphics Driver ?

Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, as the title said, what is the difference between standard and DCH Graphics Driver?

Which one should i download?

Currently i have MSI GTX 1070 ti Gaming, Paired with core i5 8400 and B360 AORUS Gaming 3 MOBO and 16GB RAM, also i'm running windows 10 latest version.

UPDATE:

I was looking to update my Nvidia Graphics Driver, i go to Nvidia website to download drivers, then found 2 types of drivers standard vs DCH.
So which one should i download and install??

clutchc

Titan
Herald
Might as well go for DCH. That is going to be the new Microsoft standard for W10 and later OSs.
Btw, I have a GTX 1070 and never saw that option when I download the latest driver. Where does it show up?

Apr 23, 2018

Thanks for your reply, but can you tell me what's the difference between both of them??

Apr 23, 2018

Well, sorry for that, but i still can't understand the difference, is it a new way for the driver for working at windows 10? what features will it add?

clutchc

Titan
Herald
It's a Microsoft thing. They are moving to a new platform for all their drivers; Universal Windows Platform (UWP). You may have to try both formats to see if your system is fully compatible with the new format drivers. I presume it is, since you were given the option. When I go to the Nvidia website to update my GTX 1070 drivers, I don't get that option... and I'm running the latest updated Win10 Pro.