ksnookal

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
My computer is telling me that my USB device is not recognized. It either has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. Is there anyway to fix this? It was working a few hours ago. I need my information from drive if nothing else, I am a teacher and all my grades, lesson plans and forms are on there.

smilesonly

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
I noticed your comment to the previous post:

"My computer is telling me that my USB device is not recognized. It either has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. Is there anyway to fix this? It was working a few hours ago. I need my information from drive if nothing else"

Your reply was :
"Sorry for the late reply. Does the same thing happen when you try the flash drive with another computer? "

I too have the same problem. This was a new flash drive I bought less then a week ago to back up my main computer at work so I could continue to work on files at home. When I went to use the flash drive today the above message was what I get. I also get the same message on 2 other computers. Are you able to help me?

This is a Staple Relay 4GB flash drive.

I have a staff training manual that I am trying to complete the corrections on it for a training meeting tomorrow night. Thank you so very much

Sally Haysom