Star Citizen Developer Offers Grace Period for Pledges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Bad that folks buy into this - worse that anyone could think it reasonable to assert pressure to donate to a for-profit cause by misuse of terms like "grace period", unfortunate, and penalty.

Shame on you, Toms. We obviously can't trust any review you put forth on the game or anything related to be unbiased.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Achoo22[/nom]Bad that folks buy into this - worse that anyone could think it reasonable to assert pressure to donate to a for-profit cause by misuse of terms like "grace period", unfortunate, and penalty.Shame on you, Toms. We obviously can't trust any review you put forth on the game or anything related to be unbiased.[/citation]

what Toms is failing to report is that this is happening because they had a TON of problems with the website during the org. pledging period and more so with the final 24-48 hours when they put a TON of ships up among a few other things.

This is mainly to help the people who wanted to pledge but were unable to do so during those outage periods.

from: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/the-pledge-and-grace-period/

"In the aftermath of some of the craziest 48 hours we’ve ever experienced it’s become clear that there’s a sizable number of people that were unable to pledge, or adjust their pledges due to the difficulties with the RSI site. Many people tried repeatedly over the weekend, only for the site to crash at various points during the check out. Some people switched to Kickstarter, but there were also a large number of people that Kickstarter wasn’t an option and so they have been left high and dry. The focus of our campaign was, from day one, involving the fans and trying to give them as many options to support us as possible. The last thing we want to do is punish any of you, and so we have decided to adapt our plans and offer a grace period for all current members of the RSI community."

TL;DR Version: site would crash at points of checkout, kickstarter wasn't an option for everyone. so they are giving a grace period to all members of the site to get their pledges in before monday the 26th which is when they switch over to the new pricing/rewards.

Robert Pankiw

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
[citation][nom]Achoo22[/nom]Bad that folks buy into this - worse that anyone could think it reasonable to assert pressure to donate to a for-profit cause by misuse of terms like "grace period", unfortunate, and penalty.Shame on you, Toms. We obviously can't trust any review you put forth on the game or anything related to be unbiased.[/citation]
The big thing you are missing is that these "donations" buy you the game. We can expect Star Citizen to sell for the standard $60 price, but more than 10 000 people who wanted the game bought it for under $40, many of them for $30.

That, and donations give you other perks, like pledge ships will always be available, or for me, my pledge got me the soundtrack, something I would like, not to mention a host of other goodies.

It was assumed people knew that donating to Star Citizen got you access to the final game, beta, and alpha (most donation tiers do) but I guess people like Catherine and Gundam288 need to your your hand in explaining it.

No one pressured you into commenting either. Next time visit the actual game website to get the whole story.

I put my $40 down to get a copy of the game and I'm happy to support the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.