Star Trek Co-Op Coming to PC, Consoles in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
It's nice to see more devolopers creating games with a co-op option. I've played my fair share of MMOs and I've pretty much made up my mind that when it comes to playing online games; I'd rather play with one good friend than a huge group of idiots.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
It would be awesome to play Kirk/Spock, don't fuck it up guys. Hopefully the game is full of two-handed hits and hot green chicks.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
While I enjoyed the movie and am a mild Star Trek fan I never even thought about a game being released based off it. I do hope they include ship battles but with Co-Pp it sounds a bit unlikely.

players will take the roles of Kirk and Spock for the very first time.

Ummm... I am pretty sure this is incorrect. Maybe the "young" or "alternate" Kirk and Spock. But I am pretty sure there have been games where players had control of Kirk and Spock before. From the top of my head I think the NES Star Trek game is one of them.

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]td854[/nom]It's nice to see more devolopers creating games with a co-op option. I've played my fair share of MMOs and I've pretty much made up my mind that when it comes to playing online games; I'd rather play with one good friend than a huge group of idiots.[/citation]
This. Couldn't agree more.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]I'd prefer some Star Trek after TNG, in the distant future. Stop using the past stuff.[/citation]

This is "new" in a way as its a alternative history/universe.
Because of so much history being altered this means even the existing characters have lived very different experiences which makes them very different people. All their adventures will be unique and all very different. This is also can not be considered the past in Star Trek as it is the alternative dimensions present. TNG for example hasn't happened yet and do to the changes in history may never.

Think of it as if Bruce Wayne never lost his parents. There would be no way he would be BatMan in the future. He would be a entirely different person living a entirely different life.

Status
Not open for further replies.