Star Wars KOTOR 2 Finally Touches Down on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
They could have at least finnish the cut content officially. Pay 10$ for a 100 year old game and they havent bothered to even give it a graphical facelift?

mmstick

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
WOW, tomshardware is slow. How long has KOTOR 2 been on Steam? A week now? It's not even news worthy for a tech website like this. Counter Strike Global Offensive was a much greater potential article than this.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]So, is KOTOR II on Steam the fixed version or do I have to download the mods as well?[/citation]

You're still going to have to download the mod. :)

- Catherine Cai

Jarmo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
So the first one is better yeah.

The second is still kickass good, and it has better companions, better game mechanics and a deeper more disturbing story. Broken in many ways, but a broken masterpiece at that.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I thought the second one was better except for how it ended. The story and characters were better, though, from what I remember. I didn't even think much of the ending at the time because horrible cliffhanger endings were so common around that time, and I thought for sure there would be a sequel. Instead, we got an MMO WOW clone. KOTOR2 is probably the best examination of the Jedi and Sith in any of the Star Wars media.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Best line in the Sith Lords (after killing like 10 people):

Kreia: "Have you satisfied your bloodlust now?"
You: "Stop questioning me, or i'll add your body to the pile!"

ROFL

[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]They could have at least finnish the cut content officially. Pay 10$ for a 100 year old game and they havent bothered to even give it a graphical facelift?[/citation]
I could not see them spending money on updating the game and then only selling for $9.99. Besides that the game is great the way it is and there are a lot of mods that add the content back and more. The price is great the way it and so is the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.