Discussion Star Wars Outlaws Requirements Revealed - Ridiculous

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Ubisoft isn't known for being pro-consumer let alone releasing games that run properly or properly at the the specs provided.

According to Techspot to achieve;

1440: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X or Intel Core i5-11600K combined with a GeForce RTX 3080 (10 GB)/GeForce RTX 4070 (12GB), or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16 GB) or better

4K; AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D or Intel Core i7-12700K and a GeForce RTX 4080 (16 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX (24 GB) or better.

What makes this ludicrous? These are the required configurations for UPSCALED 1440/60 and 4k/60 respectively.

Are they out of their minds? Developers/Studios seem to be becoming out of touch and relying on upscaling rather than proper coding and optimization for recent games. Are (potentially) desirable games like these supposed to be catered to the elite with the top of the top hardware to have an enjoyable experience? My setup outweighs these requirements so this isn't some personal vendeta, it's me thinking about all those that don't have that kind of juice and what it was like for me growing up not being able to afford top of the line or even middle of the line components.

ALL that aside this game apparently isn't what they are leading everyone to believe it is. If you preordered l, cancel. If you were going to get it, boycott. This is wholly unacceptable.

https://www.techspot.com/news/104076-ubisoft-reveals-star-wars-outlaws-upscaling-dependent-pc.html