Starbreeze Acquires ePawn For Its NFC Tracking Technologies, Including Room-Scale Sensor Carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
the comment about being in embedded into concrete has me wondering... first- could this be used to create the best laser tag arena ever? im picturing a full out laser tag arena (multi level with obstacles) with everyone wearing the wearable back packs and HMD's. the room could be mapped into the game so no one would run into anything (already programmed into the game). and instead of a dark laser tag arena, you could be in whatever world they have set up?

also... for the industrial side, i thought they were already using VR for contruction projects, such as building a large tanker in a warehouse. would this enable people to be able to walk around the warehouse (sensors int he concrete tracking them) and still have accurate vR?

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Thos are all great ideas.
Next time I talk to starbreeze I will definitely ask about that sort of thing.

VR and AR are definitely used for those kinds of industrial purposes. We recently ran a story about warehouse scale tracking for that exact purpose.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/worldviz-roomscale-tracking-unreal-unity,31887.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS