Starcraft 2 around the corner ????

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/?view=full

A sharp-eyed reader points out that Blizzard added three new positions on their job openings page yesterday for a "next-gen MMO."

The company is looking for a lead engine programmer, lead tools programmer and lead technical artist. While the reader theorizes that this is for a console port of World of Warcraft, my money is on World of Starcraft or something like it.

Remember, yesterday was also when Blizzard told us that they intend to announce a new product at th Worldwide Invitational in Korea on May 19. They also said they do plan to revisit the StarCraft universe at some point in the future.

What do you think? A new World of Warcraft, a Starcraft MMO, oooh, maybe Lost Vikings the MMO? Brian Crecente

Job Postings [Blizzard, thanks Ryne]

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I heard of blizzard doing something like this, But never knew they was going to. I hope starcraft 2 is sweet, Because i still play starcraft and, I play Starcrft Broodwars as we'll. I just hope blizzard anit bullsh!ting about this. But Thanks For inforing me of they are hopefully making starcraft 2. 8)

Thanks
Brian

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/?view=full

A sharp-eyed reader points out that Blizzard added three new positions on their job openings page yesterday for a "next-gen MMO."

The company is looking for a lead engine programmer, lead tools programmer and lead technical artist. While the reader theorizes that this is for a console port of World of Warcraft, my money is on World of Starcraft or something like it.

Remember, yesterday was also when Blizzard told us that they intend to announce a new product at th Worldwide Invitational in Korea on May 19. They also said they do plan to revisit the StarCraft universe at some point in the future.

What do you think? A new World of Warcraft, a Starcraft MMO, oooh, maybe Lost Vikings the MMO? Brian Crecente

Job Postings [Blizzard, thanks Ryne]

I'm hoping for a Diablo based MMO. The Diablo Universe is quite frankly the most compelling, interesting and fascinating of any (even Warcraft). Simply because it's much darker, murkier and stays true to the RPG aspect of the story.

I'd also like to see what Diablo Looks like in full 3D. Man those dungeons would be insane. Can you imagine fighting Diablo??? Wow.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Thats not a cpu :?
So? IT'S STARCRAFT! That automatically makes this thread exempt from all rules, regulations and U.S. Laws. I'm pretty sure Starcraft is protected by the constitution.

No Diablo is. Starcraft is a part of the Patriot act and is a threat to national security. If caught playing Starcraft, you are automatically, arrested detained and then sent to Guantanamo Bay to be tortured. :p All right provided to you by the US constitution, subsequent amendments and the bill of rights are all denied.

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Wasn't this supposed to come out years ago, but kept getting delayed and canceled? Kinda sounds like ATi at the moment.

That was Starcraft Ghost for console....

Personally I don't think another MMO makes any sense for Blizzard at the moment. They'd only manage to steal customers form WoW. I'd also rather see Diablo 3 ;)

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Glad to hear you guys liked this piece of news. But com'on now, be serious. Starcraft has got the be the winner in this debate. I spent hours and HOURS playing that game. I remember a network evening at my place, Fri night to Sunday morning, full time gaming. We shot our minds that weekend. 10 guys left my house on the Sunday looking like zombies, and for real. We didnt sleep. No one was talking. There were a lot of inaudible mumbling when people went home, movement was hindered by lack of bodily rest. People stank. Pizza on their shirts. It was horrific. People fell asleep while packing their cars. People were just angry at the world for no reason.

My folks were away thank goodness cause I have never heard such a bunch of barbaric animals. They looked the part too.

Therefore, with the acts of 10 savages to support my theory that STARCRAFT RULES ALL, there is no debate here.

Lionhardt

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
Everybody is so big on diablo, but starcraft is probably one of the best universes ever.
The races are believable, and no one side has too powerful sh!t.

Damn, starcraft is so good.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I used to fight for survival until i had about 10 battleships, and then there was no stopping me. To get there though, was nearly impossible with a 8 player network game. People were forced to team up, turn on each other LOL. Such good memories.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I loved sneaking my guy into an enemy base and using a laser target to drop my nuke. That was always a challenge and so much fun when someone did it to you. You have about 10 secs to find the bastard and take him out before getting destroyed.

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Elmo, I see you to the Belle Province!

I would like a Diablo based MMO as well...

Um, WoW just added sockets, it is Diablo III. Pity they didn't use quite the story. To be honest though it is debatable just how coherent the DII storyline was. Each Act was completely different but I think that was the best part. You can debate WoW is like 20 acts(no idea how many "zones" there are. A Starcraft II and a new RTS would be cool. I also still play starcraft.

raytracer06

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
There are guys who are trying to mod War III to make it look like Starcraft...

LINK : http://www.wc3campaigns.net/revolution/

could be fun...

anyway, a new Starcraft would be very bad for my life (no more friends, sitting in the dark, spawning dozens of Hydralisks)... but as usual with Blizzard, it'll be out "when it's ready", which means in a few years...

flyingmachine

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
friend of mine works at Blizzard, all i can say was the demo i saw for starcraft and D3 was incredible. I'm pretty sure the video was on a DX10 machine.