Starcraft 2 Performance Degradation in BRAND NEW System

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheely34

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I just built myself a new machine. Specs are below. The machine obviously meets the requirements for running SC2. However, I go to play the game and it is really framey and choppy. Has anyone else had an issue like this? The game automatically configured the video settings on the highest they could go, which shouldn't be a problem for this machine, not to mention I've run the game on the highest settings with my old quad core machine that didn't even compare to this machine. Does anyone have and experience with this? I havent tried any other games so im not sure if it does this with anything else.

Specs:

AMD 1055T X6 CPU
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Motherboard
WD 10k RPM VelociRaptor HDD
G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz 4GB RAM
ATI Radeon 1GB HD 5830 256-Bit
Corsair 650 Watt PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

P.S. - my buddy had the same problem. He had purchased an ASUS PC also having a 6 core CPU. The computer is similar to mine, although not sure of the exact components. He had this problem and then said it all of a sudden went away. Since he was experiencing this too, I was wondering if there could be some compatibility issue with my motherboard or my processor.

wheely34

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I have a hunch that there is an issue with the chipset drivers. I downloaded the 890GX driver from the ASUS website and executed it, but I'm not seeing the 890GX name anywhere in Device Manager. For some reason, I think I'm still running the Windows 7 supplied chipset drivers. I'm going to try and download what I can directly from AMD and see if that makes a difference...

wheely34

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I'm not sure what's going on. I reinstalled both the north bridge chipset and southbridge chipsets, but still nothing is showing up in Device Manager. I have attached a picture of what I am looking at. Is there anyone running the 890GX chipset that could explain to me the proper installation methods? I'm literally just running the setup executable

view.sfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS