StarCraft BattleChest display issue... Help?

GeneralJim25

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Ok, so i recently got into StarCraft. I bought StarCraft and StarCraft II. I love these games, but with the BattleChest, the screen is moved like about an inch down to where the bottom is cutoff. its annoying as hell. im running Win 7 home premium x64, with a GTX 560 SE, and a phenom II x4 965 BE. the monitor is a Vizio Razor LED 19 inch 720p TV. i will see about getting a screenshot of the issue if that will help

GeneralJim25

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
also, i have toyed with compatibility settings... nada. still the same issue. i would just like my game to be centered on the screen... does anyone know how to fix this? still workin on the screenshot btw lol

GeneralJim25

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
one more tiny thing: im using an vga cable connected into my gpu by a dvi adapter. is it possible this is the issue? i havent played any old win95-win98 era games on my computer using this cable, so is their a chance that this is the issue?

GeneralJim25

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
im beginning to question the initial usefulness of this website. almost every actual issue i have posted about on here, i have solved myself. god forbid i post something about liking an AMD processor, or wanting to know what GPU everyone thinks i should waste my hard earned money on, because y'all seem to jump all over that opinionated crap. i guess its because unlike the majority of people who come on here with an issue, i have common sense and intelligence. yes, this is a shot at everyone who uses this site. over twenty views on this topic and noone bothers to respond, on what im sure is a problem you have experienced once, or might just experience later on.

so im going to ask that this be left active till someone with some brains comes in and tells me how i solved my problem. this is going to be a LONG wait :D *28 views and counting*

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
hmm, only issue i ever had with starcraft (original) was with win7 and win8 all my colors go funky and i would have to kill explorer.exe and everything would look fine.

dunno if that was the same fix you had but that worked for me to solve any issue i had.

I do try to help where i can :p not everyone is helpless on this site, i do notice though most responses are on hardware questions, but i guess so many people have their own opinion on them that they like to share over and over :p

what exactly was your fix in case i do ever run in to this issue?

GeneralJim25

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

the thing is i see way more replies and responses on opinionated threads. also on the threads that i have started, they turn into opinionated rants, "Oh you shouldnt have wasted your money on that processor" or "AMD sucks, go Intel". i came on here with several issues that i managed to solve my self after losing 2 days of sleep on each issue lol dont get me wrong, there are useful people on here, especially if you want an opinion. forgive me if im coming across as an ass... i want to play starcraft II and the servers are down right now (last i checked anyways)

anyways, i solved my issue, which was the game not actually being centered on the screen, by letting the GPU scale the image on the screen instead of letting my monitor handle it. when the scaling was left up to my Vizio, the screen had like 2 inches of screen cut off.