It is kinda ridiculus how freaking long it's takin to get to this point i mean even like 6 month ago they said the first part of the game was going to be realease Q1 of this year and if they haven't sent out the beta yet i highly doubt that. But yes i'll probably wait some more because it's going to be great. it is kinda weird that i got this sc1 when i was like 8 and will get star craft 2 when i'm 19 or 20
"everyone who says they're not interested will buy the game soon as it comes out. guaranteed"
Only the people without any balls. Starcraft II is unimpressive, outdated, and unreleased after 11 years.
Heres what I'm going to do when Starcraft II is released. I've summarized a timeline of events after it's release.
1. Starcraft II is released- Date unknown
2. Three days later, it becomes available on torrent sites for download.
3. At the same time a crack will be developed and available at gamecopyworld.com
4. Three weeks after release: private servers will begin to appear so players who downloaded the game can play online for free.
5. At the same time a patch will be released by the gaming community that enables LAN play with Starcraft II.
6. One month after release: Blizzard executives realize how retarded they were in delaying the production of Starcraft II.
7. Blizzard realized they don't give a shit because they have 11+ million WoW subscribers.
Blizzard games are not like any other games, that's why they take longer.
And I don't mean art wise or something like that. Blizzard puts a huge amount of iteration into their game building process, that's why when the games come out they are highly enjoyable, long lasting and satisfactory to play.
Whoever says anything different hasn't really played any blizzard titles at the right time.
I was over a year ago they were showing in game action, this is taking a long time considering Blizzard is planning on releasing the game three parts to milk it out for cash.
I will get the game when I can have the whole thing at once so it may be a while. Too many other games out and coming out to make me really care anyway.
Mass Effect 2 is next on my list and by the time I finish that FF XIII will be out.
This is what happens when you don't have a publisher pushing a half-assed product out the door, you actually get something worthwhile that lasts.
I really don't know how a recent game that hasn't been released is outdated, if you actually cared for what Blizzard makes games for you wouldn't be expecting Crysis-Enthusiast graphics and instead something actually fun to play for hopefully as many years as the original Starcraft which is still going strong being "outdated".
Majority of the RTS games released recently have been terrible with little to no metagame so speak of.