StarCraft II Beta Extended until June 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Iv'e never played starcraft but iv'e heard its one of the best games around, one day if possible i'll grab a copy of the original![/citation]

Collector's edition of SC2 comes with SC1 on a USB flash drive.

sicpric

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Starcraft 2 has taken over my life in the past few weeks; such a great game! I just hope Wings of Liberty keeps me occupied until Swarm of the Brood comes out!

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]jazn1337[/nom]They've only extended it because Battle.net 2.0 is currently a failure.[/citation]

This. Exactly.

G

starcraft 2 gameplay is amazing, but the corporation, after being taken over by activision, is making the game a money drain. Not to mention battlenet 2.0 is failing hardcore.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I am fan of SC1 but what I've seen on SC2 doesn't seem too exciting.
And paying 180Euros for 3 campaigns doesn't feel quite right.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
I been playing Starcraft 1 for a long time; such a great game! I just hope Starcraft 2 will do the same - but they should fix battlenet 2.0

tyko

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I actually haven't heard much about battlenet 2.0. What's wrong with it? Is it just like when people say something is bad, or is it actually bad? I haven't really been following games too much lately.

ashkaji

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]sc2isnotwhatuthinkitis[/nom]http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/vi [...] _id=128252 < more about sc2, read it carefully imo the game will probably be killed by the greed[/citation]

After reading that It makes me worrie about the future of Starcraft2. Its probably gonna be a great game, dont get me wrong. But there have been plenty of good games ruined by asshat moves like this. It'll quickly run off casual fans of the franchise.

This will definatly make me rethink buying this game if there going to munchkin every penny out of it while convoluting it with Wow like ''added features''. And its really sad, been looking forward to this game for years :[

G

tykos: bnet is extremely unstable ATM, there is no LAN option anymore, cross realm capabilities have been removed (eg: if you bought a US copy and want to play with a friend who lives in France, you will also have to buy an EU copy), chat channels have been removed, privacy is compromised from having to give out your email address when chatting with a stranger, etc etc

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]sc2isnotwhatuthinkitis[/nom]http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/vi [...] _id=128252 < more about sc2, read it carefully imo the game will probably be killed by the greed[/citation]

Thanks a lot for the link.

I new that Kotik was bad but I did not know he said and made all these things.
This guy is Evil for video games!!!
It is really sad because Blizzard have done some of the best video games ever.
I though they would not be affected by the merge with Activision but now it seams that behind everything they make there is the evil shadow of Kotik wanting to take all your money, soul and blood, like a weird smell or after-taste of rotten eggs in a yummy creamy cake.

My re-addiction to Starcraft due to the few weeks with the SC2 beta will not let me cancel my pre-order but the LAN and "Spawn version" are really big lost imo.
I think I'll never re-activate my WoW account.
All the money milking around WoW just disgusts me more and more (and I am not talking about gold farming).
I will also never buy any of their "music" Hero games nor any Crap warfare 2,3,... games with all their not-free dlc.

From R.A. Kotik:
"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252 < more about sc2, read it carefully :) imo the game will probably be killed by the greed

A sad thing too,
I think that decisions made by Kotik are a big part of what makes people want to pirate games instead of buying them. :(

(Not to be confused with people who want to pirate games instead of not buying them)

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
$59 and in three parts, not happening Activision/Blizzard. maybe one day when you come out with a SC2 Battlechest I will pick it up.

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I cant wait for this game to come out... I have been waiting many many years. :) . I play more FPS though. I just got a three screen set up using ATI's eyefinity. I play Modern Warfare 2 the most and i love it! Check out my knife throwing montage here:

www.youtube.com/delanoche21

video is with EYEFINITY (watch in 1080p)

triculious

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]$59 and in three parts, not happening Activision/Blizzard. maybe one day when you come out with a SC2 Battlechest I will pick it up.[/citation]
If the trend continues, that Battlechest will include all 3 SC2 campaigns for 150 instead of 180... which is still expensive as hell!

Loved the game, too bad they are charging such a huge amount of money for a single episode that forces you to play the way Acti-Blizzard wants.

Give me LAN and I might consider purchasing the game. Nothing like a nice camping weekend that includes a couple hours of LAN battles using laptops.

dasper

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Thanks for the article, some of it was quite enlightening and scary. At the same time I think some of the facts the state are blown out of proportion. One for example would be the Blizzcon tickets. The past few years have shown the demand far surpasses the supply with thousands upon thousands of tickets sold in minutes as well as them renting more space in the venue; I can see the reason for raising the price and having multiple outlets for people to enjoy the convention.
To the extent Activision is going, I feel that is wrong but I also hope Blizzard will be able to have more clout than Infinity Ward so they will stay a great company. Or emancipate themselves like Bungie did from Microsoft.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Odd. I read that it ended yesterday but it says my playtime expires July 1st, 2010. That sucks if it ends in a week but I expected it to end yesterday so I guess it doesn't really matter all that much.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
I wish they would remake starcraft 1, because most of the animations and textures give a terrible affect of stuttering when I play D: Unless they have a patch for it...which I'd need to look up real quick.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
So they took lan away to stop piraters and in turn they made 3 parts where we need to pay 60$ for each? With these parts I wouldn't be surprised if each part was to choose what race you get to play. 60$ to play as Zerg, 60$ to play as terran, 60$ to play as Protoss! Just think if they forced you to buy all three parts to play any three races in multiplayer.

jonyah

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I'm highly unimpressed with the beta right now. I just want them to get this out so I can start looking forward to Diablo 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts