Starcraft II Beta Signups are OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Upload your system specs? I guess outlying, but reasonable, system configs will get presidence. Any guesses on the best system to secure an entry? I'm sure they already have thousands of entrants running a Q6600.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Upload your system specs? I guess outlying, but reasonable, system configs will get presidence. Any guesses on the best system to secure an entry? I'm sure they already have thousands of entrants running a Q6600.[/citation]

Actually I'm going to guess they're looking for different system setups. From a game able to run crysis on max to the bare bones minimum specs.

kodamakage

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
I would guess that blizzard is looking for a wide range of system specs, but that can be broken down into three main groups.
1st - Great systems that could run the game and look amazing
2nd - The mainstream normal user type of system
3rd - Systems that are showing their age

I base this off of how blizzard has developed their games to allow people who have older hardware still be able to "play" even tho it might lag a bit.

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Oh I want to beta test the most expensive game ever...
140+ bucks over the 3 MAIN games you will have to buy... then add in the 3 expansions (1 for each) and you are talking retarded!

droidix

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
If you have owned any other blizzard games in the past you can add your CD Key to your battle.net account and then also opt-in to the beta.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]fatedtodie[/nom]Oh I want to beta test the most expensive game ever...140+ bucks over the 3 MAIN games you will have to buy... then add in the 3 expansions (1 for each) and you are talking retarded![/citation]
You're stupid you buy 1 game then 2 other expansions are expansions to the story line the zerg and then protoss storyline of the game. You never have to buy more then 1 game to play multi player...

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I really hope there are no level up hero characters in the game. That ruined warcraft 3. Multiplayer is so lame!

I love strategy games but RPG games bore me to tears. If they're going to have hero characters at least give us the option of disabling them in multiplayer. I hated WC3 MP. WC2 was awesome. I spend most of my time playing Supreme Commander now. I can't wait for SC2!

Luker3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]I really hope there are no level up hero characters in the game. That ruined warcraft 3. Multiplayer is so lame!I love strategy games but RPG games bore me to tears. If they're going to have hero characters at least give us the option of disabling them in multiplayer. I hated WC3 MP. WC2 was awesome. I spend most of my time playing Supreme Commander now. I can't wait for SC2![/citation]

First, doesn't look like they are going to have heroes in SC2. That wouldn't follow SC gameplay. Second, heroes are what give WC so much more strategy. Heroes are what make WC different then lets say...SC. Otherwise, Blizzard would be making 2 games with similar game play, instead the idea is that they have 2 games that play different to attract a different audience.

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Finally a RTS I can look forward to. Red Alert 3 was a disappointment, Company of Heroes is too hard, and I never got around to Warhammer. I still play the old school Starcraft and wonder in amazement. So simple yet so cool. Nothing beats a pile of dead Zerg guts at the entry to one's base.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
For those curious about the first post, I think that they're now done by a bot script, in a manner meant to appear somewhere else. At first I thought that it might be because it's actually cross-posted with a forum somewhere, but I can't seem to find any forum section where they are posted. So it might be elsewhere. Kinda silly for it to show up in the comments section, though, unless this coment thread is simply one and the same as a forum thread somewhere... (THG comments used to be done through threads on the forumz)

Saying heroes ruined WarCraft III is a fair acusation. While yes, they "added" a lot of strategy to the game, they pretty much forced all strategy in the game revolve around them, as your hero(s) really constituted the majority of your armed strength; your other guys could do stuff, but with the stifling unit limits, (particularly that rediculous "upkeep" idea) they were still nothing compared to heroes. Furthermore, the necessity of leveling your hero to make them better, and to gather magical equipment for them, further detracted from the ability to be free in devising strategy.

Fortunately, I think it's pretty safe to say that StarCraft II will stick to what made the original good: unit-on-unit strategy that revolves around a rock-paper-scisors style system of one unit trumping another, but none being superior to all, and made for large battles. This is why the Protoss Mothership was originally touted as "you can only build one of these" to weaker units you could have multiples of; they realized that in the first form, it was just like a WarCraft III Hero; Protoss strategies would HAVE to have a decent deal of focus on their Mothership. But now, it should be that you won't even need to build any to win, or consequently, you could build lots of them and use them as a cornerstone of your strategy.

uwgibson

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I am super excited and opted in yesterday right after I installed Windows 7.

Windows 7 question reguarding starcraft: I installed starcraft (original) and expansion, updated on bnet... but I have video problems.. colors look halfway inverted.. much like when it would glitch after going to xp desktop or minimizing it... any one else experience this or know what I'm talking about? Any fixes???

Status
Not open for further replies.