StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Goes On Sale Today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Your argument is based on the perception that there is less content in HoTS compared to WoL. The campaign is the same length as Wings of Liberty, so you get just as much gameplay with added units and features.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]classzero[/nom]It's blizzard, I learned my lesson with Diablo III and SimCity(EA). I will not buy zero day release titles.[/citation]
Expect that HotS is an expansion with already established infrastructure. The only issue there was, was achievements being down for like an hour which slowed my brutal campaign progression just a bit since I didn't wanna replay those few missions to get the completion achievement.
That said, it took me roughly 10 hours of gameplay (on brutal which plays at 150% speed, but it also features heavily upgraded opponents which evens things out).
Cinematics are effing brilliant and there's a competitive and non-competitive multiplayer component with some new and some changed units. Well worth the €30 I paid for it.
If you're interested in getting it for less than on Battle.net, google 'allkeyshop'.

mangomango999

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
It's not semantics. There is more than enough content for a stand alone game. The artwork is outstanding. They've really raised the bar for themselves. It's quite an accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS