StarCraft II LAN Dropped Thanks to Piracy

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vixremento

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Is is sad that they've taken this route. Inside I'm still hoping that they change their minds about it and include LAN support - but somehow I know that it's unlikely.

I have no problem with playing LAN games from my place after authenticating with battle.net because I have an internet connection - but I don't have enough space for 7 others and I also don't want to give them access to the internet (because they'll chew threw my little cap in no time). Also there are periods when I'm capped with local-only access...will Blizz guarantee me a local server in my country? No. So what then? Say my internet connection is down (happens at least once every two to three months)? What if I'm at my brothers place (he only has access via 3G on his phone when he's actually topped it up...because it's expensive). You may counter this argument with "you have a PC you can affort it"...but even with a "free battle.net" service I'll have to pay for bandwidth (and it's not cheap in my country) to use it...basically as good as a sub if you ask me.

I also go away to places without an internet connection. We also use the office to LAN (after hours) because the network is in place and the space is more than sufficient...but they block our access to the outside world for these kinds of activities (closed ports).

Also no LAN in Diablo 3 is stupid since we'll most likely only connect for the co-op fun to take down a huge demon together...why must we connect to battle.net to do this if we're in the same room (and are fortunate enough to have internet access there)?

Sure the single player campaign will most likely be fun. I would probably have bought the game for that alone...but at some point after finishing I would want to spend far more time in LAN games. I don't enjoy playing against people online because there are some really horrible people out there. Losers that will "push their King over" when they're not winning (that's not fun). Nine year old asians that will "hand my ass to me on a plate" before I've even built my first carrier.

Achievements? What the hell for - in my personal RTS world I want to be number 1 - but instead you want to rub it in my face that I suck when compared to 99% of the community?

I may play it one day but sadly it doesn't look like that'll be on launch day (plus I'll have a few years before you get to my preferred campaign anyway).

G

To both sides: none of you know how to respect each other. We all have different opinions, but it doesn't mean you should go and slander each other because of it if you're a majority.

This board is a joke. How is it that no one moderates this place? Can't hire one? To all those who will say GTFO, I'll tell you to take your foolish insults and shove it straight up your ass!

Bollocks, I'm out of here!

G

Update your article....Almost 88 thousand people have signed.

I will not pay them a dime now. I will however play the free hacked LAN capable version they have pretty much ensured will happen. In fact they have lit the fire under the hackers butts with this lousy decision.

Not to forget that their name is now $hit in many peoples mind. All their games are tarnished in peoples minds.

G

If LAN is included, I will definitely pay, just as I did for SC. If LAN is not included, I'll pirate it, play the scenarios, and be done with it. I will not, and will never, pay for a monthly subscription to play a game.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.