'Starcraft: Remastered' Will Cost $15 When It Debuts On August 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroro

Splendid
I played through the rereleased free version of starcraft recently.
It somehow had performance issues on 4.0GHz of i5 plus a 1080.

Also my single player game crashed due to a network error ... What kind of always-online tracking BS did they add to the single player campaign... And why?

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
I've both excited and disappointed with this. For years I've wanted the original Starcraft to be redone but with the SC2 engine. Some people argued they wouldn't like that engine... but to each their own. One of the issues about the original Starcraft game was the dumbed down AI. If they made improvements that allow SCVs to automatically begin harvesting after being created or to auto repair mechanical units... then I'll be happy.

Have to remember the time period of SC1, the AI was pretty good for that time. but it will be interesting to see if they added functionality like setting auto harvest for SCV's, but from the articles I've read, the gameplay itself hasn't been changed, just the graphics, matchmaking and added some cutscenes/art.

Never played the original SC, at this price I would get it just to play it now. I love seeing old games remastered for modern systems. Saves you the trouble of trying to get it working in newer Windows if there are issues with the original.

I bought Age of Empires remastered and having a lot of fun playing that again after years of not touching the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.