StarCraft Universe Reduced to 12-Player, Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]As a StarGate fan (sci-fi television series), this naming causes me confusion.[/citation]
Funny you should mention that, because the only reason why I originally played Starcraft 1 back in.. 1998?.. was because I was a huge fan of the original StarGate movie and thought the game was based on the movie. Of course I quickly realized I was wrong, but I still loved Starcraft.

Wait so, does this mean that the poor lone developer is working and now Blizard has handed him a spec for what he has to do?!?
Maybe... but I doubt it.

[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]Wait so, does this mean that the poor lone developer is working and now Blizard has handed him a spec for what he has to do?!?[/citation]

No what he "has" to do, but maybe now he knows a little more of what Blizz wants to do with the franchise, so he doesn't do those things before them ;D

Cheers!

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Why are people saying that hes not creating what he originally had planned? From what I can see, everything is still the same as before its just a different name.

nexus9113

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
What are you people ranting about with "So Blizz is telling him how to make this" and "Blizz is crushing his dream"?

The purpose of the cease and desist was 2 part:
1) They own the copyright to the name "World of Starcraft" and it isn't legal for him to use it.
2) They wanted to find out how he was making this title, and that it wasn't being made on another game engine, or one of his own design.

This was already stated in a previous press release from Blizzard a while back. They encourage fan mods and custom map makers to use the tool sets to their fullest. They were just protecting their IP.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]Wait so, does this mean that the poor lone developer is working and now Blizard has handed him a spec for what he has to do?!?[/citation]

It means Blizzard first overreacted, then got bad press and tried to be the good guys. And you see, it works. We have one company, which is 2 guys at the same time. Journalists can use "Activision" when regarding them in bad light, and "Blizzard" when in good.

Convenient, isn't it?

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]so this is what happens when a big company rents an independent developer. they simply crush all his creativity and vision of the final product.on the flip side, he is probably eating better with those hefty salaries.[/citation]

For info, Winzen is not paid to make this mod. He is not employed by Blizzard. He may even work (in a near future) for Riot Games as they proposed him to apply for a job in their company.

Status
Not open for further replies.