Question Start erorr

Mar 2, 2021
Hey guys, hey everyone!

Yesterday I bought a 2x8gb Patriot RAM Kit to upgrade my pc. I took the old RAM out and put the new one in correctly. It was a piece of cake. But when I plug my pc in it started a beeping sound and the fans stayed on, but nothing was displayed on the monitor. I had to plug the pc out and put in the old RAM and now it works again. I can’t refund the RAM so I really want to make it work. I don't and I'm not using the old RAM with the new RAM I took the old one out, so that can't be a problem. Before I bought the new RAM I checked all its specs and it is literally the same as my old RAM but faster.

Mar 2, 2021
Good morning!

There are a few low-end motherboards that do not accept faster RAM speeds. For example, if you had a TUF H310M Gaming and paired it with 3200MHz Ram, you would have to lower its speeds so that it matches the max supported by the chipset, in this case, 2666MHz.

You can change the speeds by going into your BIOS. I can't tell you the exact instructions, since I do not know the model/manufacturer of your motherboard.

Mar 2, 2021
Good morning!

There are a few low-end motherboards that do not accept faster RAM speeds. For example, if you had a TUF H310M Gaming and paired it with 3200MHz Ram, you would have to lower its speeds so that it matches the max supported by the chipset, in this case, 2666MHz.

You can change the speeds by going into your BIOS. I can't tell you the exact instructions, since I do not know the model/manufacturer of your motherboard.
pc sart - balck screen and five beeping in a row

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts