Start Menu 8 or Start8 ?

stopstop

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Since both of them are free, I have no idea which one is more user friendly. I don't want paid ones because this is not a big deal whether or not I have this classic start button. Any suggestions?

Solution
Honestly running a shell over the main shell is something I avoid as it causes issues.

You should just learn to press start and type what you want as it is faster and will have less issues than throwing a third party program that can have bugs and cause issues.
Start8 is free for 30-day trial after that you have to pay $4.99. If you want to free one, get the Start menu8. I use the Win8 StartButton you can check it out. I think they are not as same as the win7 start menu.
http://windows8startbutton.com/

stopstop

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
I have noticed this one and ignored it because all I want is windows 7 classic start menu. Nothing more.

Honestly running a shell over the main shell is something I avoid as it causes issues.

You should just learn to press start and type what you want as it is faster and will have less issues than throwing a third party program that can have bugs and cause issues.

Solution

stopstop

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Perhaps you have a point there. We should learn to get used to the original Windows 8/8.1 and that's why I have one of them stay what it is.

I have just run into a lot of apps that run on top of the Windows shell that cause tons of issues.

Plus once you get used to it, 8/8.1 can be very fast.