Question Start menu not working

rudi95

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2012
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has found a solution to the most ridiculous problem on windows 10
The infamous Start button not working. I have tried just about everything that's out there and the solution from Microsoft to create a new user account is just stupid and a cop out in my opinion.
Nonetheless here I am hoping that one of you has the magic answer
Any help would be appreciated

Please describe what happens when you click the Start button. Does anything happen? Do you get any error message or code? Note that if the files for your user ID have somehow gotten corrupted, creating a new user ID is a perfectly logical thing to suggest.

rudi95

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2012
Please describe what happens when you click the Start button. Does anything happen? Do you get any error message or code? Note that if the files for your user ID have somehow gotten corrupted, creating a new user ID is a perfectly logical thing to suggest.

The loading icon spins for a second or so then stops , I have noticed that the windows shell experience host pops up for a second when I press the start button and then disappears again in task manager. And I would normally agree with you statement of it being logical but this has been a problem for a long time and for a lot of people and there have been solutions and even hot fixes for it before but it just seems impossible to fix now