Start menu opens every few seconds

willene

Commendable
May 27, 2016
I have spent the last 6 hours online trying to figure out the problem. I have taken the advice of several folks. I have spent 2 hrs online with Microsoft techs, nothing works... completely shutdown Cortana, as some credit that app with the problem. I tried to restore and reset, but neither were completed. When the start menu pops up, it takes control and my typing is placed in the search field. I'm very frustrated.. any ideas or advice?

Solution
Go into Task Manager and see what proceses and services are running.

See if you can determine what may be relaunching the Start Menu.

If not, just make some logical attempts to stop processes and services that seem "out of place". Vague, I know, but if you google anything questionable then you may be able to eliminate that as the culprit.

Performance Monitor and the Event Viewer logs may be useful as well. Type perfmon /rel in the Search field. See where the system goes.

Ralston18

Titan
Go into Task Manager and see what proceses and services are running.

See if you can determine what may be relaunching the Start Menu.

If not, just make some logical attempts to stop processes and services that seem "out of place". Vague, I know, but if you google anything questionable then you may be able to eliminate that as the culprit.

Performance Monitor and the Event Viewer logs may be useful as well. Type perfmon /rel in the Search field. See where the system goes.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS