Start menu problem

Hi everybody,

after updating Win98 to WinXP Home SP2 I have a problem with the start menu.
I don't see the sub menues in the programs branch. After pointing the entry
with the mouse I get the shadows of the sub menu, but all I see are the tool
tips of the sub entries, the menu itself is transparent. I'm not able to
click an entry to start the program.

Installing the latest NVidia driver from Windows update did not help.

Any ideas?

German

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

You might also try changing Theme, in the Display app in control panel.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509