Start Menu - right click

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I don't know exactly what happened today, but suddenly i can't bring up the
menu by right clicking anywhere in the start menu (the main part and all
programs part). It works when i switch to classical start menu, but i prefer
the windows xp menu. Also, the menu comes up when i right click anywhere
else such as the desktop or a folder.

Right click the Start, Button, select Properties, ensure that Classic is selected and click Customize. Put the check mark back in Enable dragging and dropping.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03310B3E-C8C1-4B7B-9FD1-A66B9E756078@microsoft.com...
>I don't know exactly what happened today, but suddenly i can't bring up the
> menu by right clicking anywhere in the start menu (the main part and all
> programs part). It works when i switch to classical start menu, but i prefer
> the windows xp menu. Also, the menu comes up when i right click anywhere
> else such as the desktop or a folder.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thanks for the help. I tried that, but that enable dragging and dropping was
already checked. If it helps any, it is not with classical start menu that i
have the problem, it is with the new xp one. For example, where i used to be
able to right click on a folder in the programs menu and click delete, now
the menu just doesn't show up. I can however bring up the menu from right
clicking on the taskbar.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Right click the Start, Button, select Properties, ensure that Classic is selected and click Customize. Put the check mark back in Enable dragging and dropping.
>
> --
> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03310B3E-C8C1-4B7B-9FD1-A66B9E756078@microsoft.com...
> >I don't know exactly what happened today, but suddenly i can't bring up the
> > menu by right clicking anywhere in the start menu (the main part and all
> > programs part). It works when i switch to classical start menu, but i prefer
> > the windows xp menu. Also, the menu comes up when i right click anywhere
> > else such as the desktop or a folder.

Try the same thing, but with the new Start Menu selected. This option is on the Advanced tab.

"John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6F0156C-A7F0-4387-83D3-DB22CD23F0CD@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the help. I tried that, but that enable dragging and dropping was
> already checked. If it helps any, it is not with classical start menu that i
> have the problem, it is with the new xp one. For example, where i used to be
> able to right click on a folder in the programs menu and click delete, now
> the menu just doesn't show up. I can however bring up the menu from right
> clicking on the taskbar.
>
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Right click the Start, Button, select Properties, ensure that Classic is selected and click Customize. Put the check mark back in Enable dragging and dropping.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
>> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>> http://www.dougknox.com
>> --------------------------------
>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>> --------------------------------
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03310B3E-C8C1-4B7B-9FD1-A66B9E756078@microsoft.com...
>> >I don't know exactly what happened today, but suddenly i can't bring up the
>> > menu by right clicking anywhere in the start menu (the main part and all
>> > programs part). It works when i switch to classical start menu, but i prefer
>> > the windows xp menu. Also, the menu comes up when i right click anywhere
>> > else such as the desktop or a folder.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hey, thanks a lot. It worked out great. I should have thought of that after
what you said for the classical one, but anyway, thanks again.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Try the same thing, but with the new Start Menu selected. This option is on the Advanced tab.
>
> --
> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6F0156C-A7F0-4387-83D3-DB22CD23F0CD@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the help. I tried that, but that enable dragging and dropping was
> > already checked. If it helps any, it is not with classical start menu that i
> > have the problem, it is with the new xp one. For example, where i used to be
> > able to right click on a folder in the programs menu and click delete, now
> > the menu just doesn't show up. I can however bring up the menu from right
> > clicking on the taskbar.
> >
> > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Right click the Start, Button, select Properties, ensure that Classic is selected and click Customize. Put the check mark back in Enable dragging and dropping.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
> >> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> >> http://www.dougknox.com
> >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
> >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
> >> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> >> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

No problem, and you're welcome :)