Question start pxe over ipv4

Crezd

Honorable
May 30, 2014
Hey Guys,
Not sure where to post this actually. So I apologize if this is the wrong section.

I've been getting this happening lately "start pxe over ipv4". It started about a month or so ago and I messed with the boot order and it started up fine. Yesterday I left and came back and my computer was in the MSI BIOs software so I changed the boot order again and got it to work after a few tries. Then this morning it did it twice. It always does it if I leave of course so i dont get to see whats actually happening. Yesterday after I got it working it was fine for the 5-6 hours of gaming I was playing on it with no issues. This morning I was on it for about 2 hours then left for 2 hours came back and BAM it was at that screen, and I fixed it, then left for about 45 mins and right back to where it was.

Is this a sign of a failing hard drive or something? Anything to check out?

My motherboard: MSI X99A TOMAHAWK ATX 3 WAY SLI 3 WAY CFX USB 3.1 LGA

That message can only appear if you intentionally set LAN Option ROM and Network Stack settings to "enabled" in the BIOS instead of the default setting of disabled.

The only reason to enable this is if you want to boot a diskless workstation from an image over the network, so it is only doing what you asked it to. It just has no way of knowing you haven't deployed said image so gets stuck there.

Crezd

Honorable
May 30, 2014
The thing is I have not messed with anything and it automatically restarts itself im assuming anyways since it only has does it so far when I leave the computer for a extended period of time and the MSI BIOs pops up. I haven't touched anything.

I left to go get groceries and left my computer on and came back and it was at the MSI BIOs screen. Took me a few tries again for it to boot properly. Next time it does it i will see if I can find that setting in there to see what it is set at.

TRENDING THREADS