Start the Political Forum Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Marv, I for one don't see that happening because of the unintended consequences we have experienced in the past. Also, there are multiple venues for such discourse elsewhere. This is a tech site.

Sure, the world of tech is influenced by the world we live in, but given the actions of some and the distraction these topics can become, I don't see any good from re-opening these topics.

That being said, I am but one voice and a volunteer at that. I'll make sure those in a position of authority see your suggestion.

barto

Expert
Ambassador
futurama_214_rebellion_640x360.jpg

g-unit1111

Titan

That was part of the reason it was deleted in the first place. The admins have a policy against bringing the GRAPES here (Guns, Religion, Abortion, Politics, Economics, Sex) because these topics can't be kept civil. There were a lot of unnecessary flame wars that got started really easily and unnecessarily. It took a lot of effort to mod that forum and I think the admins would perfer not to.

Not gonna happen Marvin. As already said, this is a tech site, not a political forum. If you want to start a political discourse there are a myriad of other sites that will accommodate you. The mod team has enough trouble as it is keeping the tech talk civil and on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.