Start up difficulty with X gamer

Intrepid4

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi all. I just have a quick question. I recently purchased an X-gamer and am pretty pleased with its performance when hooked up to FPS 2000 speakers. Recently when I went over to my friends house, who has a similar setup, I noticed that upon startup he had this cool EAX intro flash across the screen with some sound effects as well. After which, the usual lightning wav file played.

I was wondering how I get the same to happen on my system. Is there some setting where you can customize your startup? I recently updated to Playcenter 2 like he said but it didn't change anything.I know this may not be a very significant question but I would really appreciate any help nonetheless. Thanks in advance for your time.

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
it is kind of cool huh.

only problem is when you have it enabled it sits in the system tray all the time, not much of a resource hog though, just one more icon in the systray.

If you updated to Playcenter 2 it normally sets that up as default but if not go to Start>Programs>Creative>SoundBlaster Live

there is an item there "EAX Animation", selecting that should put the icon in your system tray. The animation plays at boot and whenever right clicking that icon and selecting "Play Animation"

Intrepid4

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for all the info amdchuck. The only difficulty I have now is that I can't seem to find the EAX animation anywhere in my Creative Soundblaster Live folder. I tried reinstalling both liveware 3 and playcenter 2 and still have had no luck.
I know this may sound like a lot to go through for a little intro at start up but it's so pretty! :)
I am not sure what else I have to do to find that animation. Do you think I could be missing something? Thanks again for all help.

RiZ

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2001
I just came across your question while I was searching for other information. I disabled the Eax splash screen by going to Playcenter2 and going to the setting tab and unchecking the Splash Screen box. When I tried to re-start it by re-checking the box, it would not work. To get it back on at start-up, I checked the box in the playcenter2 setting tab and then went to C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program. There you should find the video clip "Eax.avi". Double ckick and you should be able to see the clip. To re-activate on start-up, I double clicked the CTAvtray.exe and CTAvStub.exe programs. You won't see anything happen when you double click, but it should activate the clip the next time you start up the computer. Hope it works!!!

Intrepid4

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for all the info Riz. Unfortunately, I have had no luck. I hope that I am not being too persistant, but I would really like to get the splash screen working. To me, it's half the reason to buy a soundblaster card in the first place.

For like the fourth time, I completely uninstalled all drivers and then reinstalled live ware 3 and the newest version of playcenter 2 (2.5 I think). No luck. I still have never had the spash screen working once. When I check for the Eax.avi file in any of the soundblaster files, it is no where to be found. I can't even find the file on my harddrive, nor can I find the CTAvtray.exe or CTAvStub.exe programs.

Does anyone know why they are not being copied to my system on install? Is it possible that I have to have the launcher run at start up as well, or any other type of conditions that must be met for the program to install entirely (including the start up screen)?

Thanks once again for any and all advice that is suggested.