[SOLVED] Start-up is messed up.

Nov 15, 2019
I don't know what happened to my PC. Startup programs are not starting anymore. They're getting removed from the list whenever I turn off my PC. I did set them up again to start up with windows but they don't.
How can i fix this issue?

Solution
Anytime you make a change with your computer and fast startup is enabled, you should first do a restart and then a shutdown or the change may not take hold. You can do the same thing by holding down the shift key when you click the shutdown button.
Nov 15, 2019
What app's have you added/had at startup? You might want to also see which version of Windows 10 you're currently working with.
Version 1909. Nothing fancy.
Steam, uplay, epic games launcher, nzxt cam.. They randomly start up or don't. Sometimes some of them launches and a few don't sometimes none of them do. As soon as I launch them manually they start showing in the start-up menu of task manager.

Anytime you make a change with your computer and fast startup is enabled, you should first do a restart and then a shutdown or the change may not take hold. You can do the same thing by holding down the shift key when you click the shutdown button.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 15, 2019
I got it. Thanks.

What does shift do? Saving the thing?

Nov 15, 2019
Shift disables fast startup, so changes have been saved to the hdd and clears the RAM, so the next startup comes from what has been saved to the hdd.
Okay.
Btw, i think it started after i pulled the cable from the outlet. I was going away for a week so I pull the cable off the wall when im away. Does it have to do anything with this issue? Just coincidence?

TRENDING THREADS