Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Hey guys... Was hoping someone could help me. Everyutime I start up my
computer I have to go to safe mode and use system restore, otherwise It just
won't work.. I usually have to go back 3 times and then it starts up ok.

Any ideas????

Thanks, Jimmy

Hi it seems that you might have a virus and/or spyware on your computer. I
would like for you to going in windows and right click on my computer on the
desktop and go to properties and go to the system restore tab and check the
box to turn off the system restore and click apply and ok. Then get a
anti-virus program and do a full scan on your computer if you don't have a
anti-virs program you can download avg's for free at http://www.grisoft.com
and anti-spyware program at http://www.lavasoftusa.com to download Ad-Aware
SE. After that go and download hijackthis for free on the internet and then
run a scan and save the log and paste the log at this site

http://www.hijackthis.de and it will tell you want to check and to remove
and then restart the computer and see how it goes there is a virus and/or
spyware on you computer that is corrupting your system to start up resulting
you to go into safe mode and to revind your computer to previous settings
even though you might fix the virus and/or spyware with system restore on
it's still saved in there that's why I had you turn it off. and that should
fix it.

Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks

"Jimbo" wrote:

> Hey guys... Was hoping someone could help me. Everyutime I start up my
> computer I have to go to safe mode and use system restore, otherwise It just
> won't work.. I usually have to go back 3 times and then it starts up ok.
>
> Any ideas????
>
> Thanks, Jimmy

TRENDING THREADS