Start up problems

HVCFOG3Y34

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
I've just build a computer and when I went to start it up it runs the fans and everything but then nothing happens after that. Nothing shows on the screens. There are led on the board that light up, the CPU one lights up for a second then the memory one flashes and flashes faster for about 10 seconds, them just stays on. I have a Asus z97-a atx. I have no idea what to do please help.

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
yes. usually mobos and or cases come with a tiny cylinder that is a simple speaker. it beeps a certain number of times to indicate if there are posting problems. if you have a speaker, you should be getting some kind of beep/beeps. its usually plugged in where all your case interface plugs are. i think your mobo has them in the bottom right corner.

unfortunately, you could have multiple issues. what are the rest of your specs

HVCFOG3Y34

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
I just figured out that when I take out the ram and start the computer it does a 1 long, 2 short beeps continuously. But if I put the ram in and start nothing happens except after the ram light blinks for a few seconds it stays solid. So Im thinking I don't have compatable ram.

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
it sounds like you could have multiple issues. if you look up the asus beep codes, you'll see that your code is a video card error. take out your video card, and use your mobo video output. however, the fact that you even get a response without the ram in, likely means a ram issue, or a cpu issue. i would try a different set of ram first, with the video plugged into your mobo, and see what you get, and work from there.

HVCFOG3Y34

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013

I've tried without my gpu and same thing happenes. I'm trying to use different set of ram but I don't have another so I'm trying to get a friend to help atm.