Started up Ring of Elysium on brand new PC and all the fans suddenly became really loud when I was in-game.

Dec 24, 2018
Hi, I just recently bought a brand new PC with RTX 2070, Ryzen 7 2700x and 16GB of DDR4 RAM. Since it only game with a 480GB SSD and some stuff came up, I cannot use my HDD until the 27th.

So, I decided to install ROE which I find kind of fun and it's only 5GB of space. When I started it up it was set to pretty much max settings (I can send exact settings if needed), and then the fans suddenly started climbing in speed and I was almost able to hear them through my headset (mainly because I wasn't talking to anyone on Discord or anything but still).

Should I be worried?

Dec 24, 2018

Is the founders edition worse than all of the other versions?

popatim

Titan
Worse is a matter of perspective. For people who play with headsets on or with the volume up and cannot hear the fans, they are fine and actually are good at keeping the interior case cooler since they dump the hot air out of the slot end of the card instead of the inside of the case.

I'm a quiet person and often don't even play with the sound on so I like a more quiet pc.

There are reports that the some of the Founders editions are failing early in life so be sure to not throw away that receipt...

Dec 24, 2018

Gotcha, thanks!