My build is a:
i7-8700k
mATX - MSI Z370M
16gb of ram - Corsair Vengeance RGB
1TB barracuda 2.5" HDD (re-used)
750watt PS - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
Should be plenty of space with this case:
Thermaltake Core V21

I was hoping for recommendations on a good value air cooling system to start off with the intentions of later upgrading to water cooling later when I finish school in 6-8 months and have time to game.

This build needs to be up and running ASAP so I can replace my failing laptop for schoolwork. I'm building it as bare bone as possible until I can afford/wait for it to ship to me overseas. Probably won't even port over windows 10 license and just build it with centOS or Ubuntu. All I'll be doing to start is school work, so word processing, building small mariaDB databases for projects, Maybe Wireshark, a few other things here and there. Nothing heavy.

Parts I'm putting off till later are:
M.2 SSD (probably a 500gb)
Dedicated graphics card
Additional 8GB of memory.
Water cooling.

First post here, and in all honesty a very long time since I've built a PC from scratch (2001ish) always pieced a system together from old desktops for whatever project I'm doing at the time. I don't do this very often cuz well 3 little ones and school and work. But ill need a need a new rig as my laptop is just not reliable anymore. I have googled, and still am for those that must give that answer. Any and all comments appreciated.

Solution

The Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 seems like it'll fit and not completely ruin the aesthetics either.

The Noctua D15 would also work but the colors just don't seem to be agreeable with each other.

The Cryorig H7 would work as a more budget friendly but still OC friendly cooling option.

when it's time: I think the Corsair H80 V2 would fit perfectly in there. The H100i V2 would be even better.

Solution