[SOLVED] Starting Computer Takes Me to Repair Computer Mode

Palador

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
Hi everyone. I'd like to ask about a strange issue I encountered.
As an intro, on my PC, I have an SSD with Windows 10 on it that is my main OS. I also have an old HDD that I also installed Windows 10 on and use as sort of a test OS to tryout different programs, etc.
Recently, my HDD has been giving me some issues, so I tried to delete all the partitions and reinstall Windows, but I had a hard time doing that, so eventually I booted to the SSD's Windows, uninstalled the HDD drivers, and restarted. I went through the process of deleting each partition, then rebooting, then the next one (including all the System partitions on the HDD). The final one, I had to do through diskpart with the override feature.
When I entered Disk Management, it said something about needing to initialize the disk before using it (or some such message). I thought it was a bit strange that the message would pop up, but as I had been having issues with the HDD and since rebooting with every step had been working so far, I wanted to reboot before initializing the disk. For the record I'm about as sure as someone can be that I didn't accidentally delete the GPT partition of the SSD, but I guess there's always that .01% chance or whatever that I somehow really goofed it...
When the computer rebooted though, it took me directly to "Please Wait", then "Choose keyboard layout" and finally to "Troubleshoot PC."
I thought this was strange, as my SSD is first in the boot order and there was nothing on the HDD anyway, so I ran Startup Repair and it said: "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC"
I turned off the computer and removed the HDD, thinking maybe that was the issue, but rebooting took me to the exact same screens.
I tried System Restore, but it said "To use System Restore , you must specify which Windows installation to restore"
So I went to the Command Prompt:
DiskPart
On Compute): MININT-*series of numbers and letters)(Not sure if that's what it was before, but somehow I don't think so).

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B * (* on Gpt in case it's not obvious)

DISKPART> select disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> list vol

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
Volume 0 D Recovery NTFS Partition 499 MB Healthy
Volume 1 C NTFS Partition 465 GB Healthy
Volume 2 FAT32 Partition 99 MB Healthy Hidden

DISKPART> list partition

Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
Partition 1 Recovery 499 MB 1024 KB
Partition 2 System 99 MB 500 MB
Partition 3 Reserved 16 MB 599 MB
Partition 4 Primary 465 GB 615 MB

Other commands I tried:
Bootrec /ScanOS: Identified Windows Installations: 1 C:\Windows
Bootrec /FixBoot: Access is Denied
Bootrec /RebuildBCD: C:\Windows = The system cannot find the path specified

When I enter Notepad and go to "C:\" everything seems to appear that was on the SSD like normal
Running Chkdsk didn't show up any errors.
I can't recall if I tried anything else.
My BIOS shows the SSD as "UEFI Hard Disk: Windows Boot Manager (SATA1: *with the series of letters and numbers).
Basically all seems normal, but it doesn't load Windows.
Is this a GPT issue?
It's not the end of the world if I have to do a reinstall of Windows, but it doesn't seem like that is the problem, so if there's an easier way, I'd like to take that route.
I'm sorry for how long this ended up being.
I really appreciate any help or good advice you can give.
Thank you very much.

Solution
Other commands I tried:

Execute following:
bcdboot C:\windows

C: - drive letter for windows OS partition. In recovery environment drive letters can be different. Double check, if C: is the correct letter.
Resulting message should be "Boot files created successfully".
Other commands I tried:

Execute following:

C: - drive letter for windows OS partition. In recovery environment drive letters can be different. Double check, if C: is the correct letter.

Solution

Palador

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
Execute following:

Thanks, mate. Perfect solution!
I knew I was looking for something simple like this, but somehow wasn't finding it.
All files, folders, programmes, etc. intact and works as smoothly as ever. Greatly appreciated!