Starting to wonder about Newegg myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have been a long time customer and even as recently as a few months ago have not had any experiences I would consider severe enough not to continue to do business with them. I have, as of late, been seeing quite a bit of traffic indicating otherwise. I ordered a couple of refurbished monitors for work via a reseller whom I have also done business with via Newegg (Odyssey). The purchase went smoothly and I got invoice and tracking right away. The tracking has not moved, past the 36 hour window now. I tried to call the reseller and they have some message about their phones being down and to use an email. No response to several inquiries.

I am still within time frame to dispute and it's looking like I may have to. I am just at the edge of putting Newegg on the use with caution list. Sad to see.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
that 3rd party reseller.

I finally got in touch with someone at Newegg. They are claiming that high volume is causing shipping delays. It sounds and awful lot like the other current post discussing issue here.
I have used the 3rd party a couple of times, they have a brick and mortar in the NE and so far all of my experience with them has been good as well.

I told them that if we didn't see movement ASAP that I was just going to cancel the order. Don't want to, really, as both of these monitors (I wanted 4 of them) meet all the needs I have and are priced exceptionally well. Basically two for one and I have zero need for anything new in this placement. They would probably be stolen anyway TBH....

D

Deleted member 217926

Shipping companies are gearing up for vaccine deliveries. Newegg is one of the affected companies.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ups-sl...e-commerce-surge-11606926669?mod=breakingnews

"The delivery giant on Cyber Monday notified drivers across the U.S. to stop picking up packages at six retailers, including L.L. Bean Inc., Hot Topic Inc., Newegg Inc. and Macy’s Inc., according to an internal message viewed by The Wall Street Journal and confirmed by UPS workers in different regions. “No exceptions,” the message said."

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Shipping companies are gearing up for vaccine deliveries. Newegg is one of the affected companies.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ups-sl...e-commerce-surge-11606926669?mod=breakingnews

"The delivery giant on Cyber Monday notified drivers across the U.S. to stop picking up packages at six retailers, including L.L. Bean Inc., Hot Topic Inc., Newegg Inc. and Macy’s Inc., according to an internal message viewed by The Wall Street Journal and confirmed by UPS workers in different regions. “No exceptions,” the message said."

So in essence are limiting service during a critical time also during an effort to perform a rate hike on such volume customers. Real jerk move on their parts. The article mentions fed ex and ups.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Follow up. The items delivered and were as expected. They shipped direct from Newegg in spite of the seller listing. I can only assume that since I called to inquire there were cables included that I was not expecting. Getting them "to" shipping was 12 days and they got here in 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.