Startup after win10 logo the screen goes black with no light even with the safe mode

Nov 1, 2018
sorry for my bad english,
what i mean by the screen goes black is "the screen is on but its like its off, really black with no light".
so the story begins when i playing games and it crash and sometimes it goes to blue screen of death and the computer restart it self. but when the windows logo appear, there is some text saying " Repairing" when it finish the screen goes blue and there is text saying that it failed to repair. so i press the restart button and the pc goes normal but the next day the audio is missing, the audio icon show Red X. So i followed some guide on the internet to reinstall the audio driver and then it need reboot and the screen goes black after the windows logo. just like that, i already wait a couple of hours and still the same.

And i tried to do all the tricks that people tried on the internet like, unplug all the cable and tried to turn it on again, Scan with antivirus and there is no virus, Scan CC cleaner only some potentially unused program, use SFC /scannow and its failed, Use Command Chkdsk /F /R /X on my drive and i said no problem. then i use startup repair but its failed to repair, reset PC, boot into safemode, recovery environment, go to previous version, recovery with image, all of the option on blue screen is not helping, i tried all of them and none of them works. the only thing that i can access is the bios and blue screen win10. and the last option is to reinstall my windows from bootable usb, im still working on it. so what im trying to say is " what is wrong with my computer?" is my hdd is corrupter? or my motherboard is broken? or my OS is the problem? or i just my display driver? Please i need some help!

OS Windows 10 64bit

Processor intel i3-7100
motherboard MSI 150M bazooka

VGA NVDIA GTX 1060 3GB

RAM 8GB

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - unless you have one already.

chkdsk would have given you errors if it is a hard drive problem, so I doubt that.
I doubt motherboard is broken, what guide did you use? Sounds to me like its uninstalled some wrong drivers, including default ones if safe mode won't load.

that guide did a good job.
in command prompt, type notepad to open notepad
in notepad, go to file>open and file explorer will open.
use it to copy anything off PC you want to save.

I would try a clean install as that will fix windows.

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - unless you have one already.

chkdsk would have given you errors if it is a hard drive problem, so I doubt that.
I doubt motherboard is broken, what guide did you use? Sounds to me like its uninstalled some wrong drivers, including default ones if safe mode won't load.

that guide did a good job.
in command prompt, type notepad to open notepad
in notepad, go to file>open and file explorer will open.
use it to copy anything off PC you want to save.

I would try a clean install as that will fix windows.

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

Next time, go to MSI web site for your motherboard, and download MSI Live Update 6 from the utility page, and use it to find missing drivers. - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B150M-BAZOOKA#down-driver&Win10%2064

Solution
Nov 1, 2018

Thanks for the reply! Yeah i will try clean installation as my last option and inform you the resutl as fast as i can.
so recently i bought a new graphic card, from GTX 950 to GTX 1060, idk if this is the cause. And i do update the driver with msi live update 6, i choose the option to update all of them that scanned through. some of my friends said it was the HDD is gone bad (corrupted) because the sfc and repairing is failed but chkdsk is found no prob and some saying that my motherboard, i once tried scanning for viruses too with antivirus and CC cleaner but it says no problem, im so confused. wish there is one apps or button to indentify all of the problem in windows 10.
so it could be the driver installing wrong drivers? could you tell me how to check it with this condition that i have? or its already not possible?

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you run sfc /scannow in command prompt? as it doesn't always work from the command prompt from blue menu as you not logged in at that point. If safe mode worked, then you could have run sfc from within it and had the right access to run cmd with admin rights.

what guide did you use?

what shows the chkdsk failed?
Use Command Chkdsk /F /R /X on my drive and i said no problem
that looks like it works to me?

Nov 1, 2018

well, because i cant boot into safe mode or log in, so i thought the only way to open cmd prompt is the win10 blues menu so yeah i run some cmd with that option. the chkdsk once failed when i try on the cmd prompt with admin rights (when i still could log in) it tried to scan and diagnosing at the win10 logo after booting and suddenly it said "failed to repair" i couldn't remember the rest of the sentence.
i just googling the guide and found some similiar case so i tried all of them like i was discribe on my post.

Nov 1, 2018

well its been so long after i upgrade to win10, its like 3-4 years ago. and before win10, i used the win7 (pirate version).

Nov 1, 2018
and its not happen once (this Black screen thing), before this, its not this extreme, what i mean by extreme is that i still could boot into safemode and log in and i tried to re-install win10 and the problem gone, there is no prob appear or any bad symptoms.

Nov 1, 2018

as far as i remember, its clean installed but i doubt that. but after all, either perform clean installation or reinstall win10 is the only choice i have? or there is still more ttricks that i could try?

Nov 1, 2018
hmm, okay will try it 1st and let you guys know the result later. i might takes a long time for me to reply because im still finding a normal computer for me to create the installation into usb. and im still working rn, so im sorry.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its your problem, take your time :)

win 10 would report "fail to repair" even if there is nothing wrong with PC, its pretty rare that Automatic repair actually helps. Its more useful for all those menu choices on the blue screen that follows it. If it didn't exist you wouldn't get any of them.

If you came from a pirated OS and upgraded it, I would do a clean install, like I already suggested. You don't know what might be hiding on your PC from both a win 7 install and any extras the pirated copy may have included.

Nov 1, 2018

yeah thats makes sense, hope this clean install would do the trick. im so hopeless :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
Bright side, you might find some new features you didn't know existed before, the last 2 times I have clean installed Win 10 it has added new things I didn't know I was missing. Also, might make PC feel faster... clean installs always do that.

Nov 1, 2018

yeah lately i feel that my computer getting slower, startup is slow , games getting low fps-lag when it was fine before. and i was asking this mr.kumar alumnus microsoft and he advice the same methods as you guys, and saying that this is not hardware problem.

Nov 1, 2018
Guys want to ask a question before i install this win10, my win10 is education version, what if i choose to install win 10 pro and use the win10 education key to activate it, could it work?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Edu has more features than pro, I would install it if given the chance. It is the same as enterprise, it has way more features that normal people don't need.

it probably wouldn't work as your licence from your school is for edu.

Nov 1, 2018

Oh oke i see, so whats the diff between education N and without N?

Colif

Win 11 Master
As per your query, I like to inform you that;
Windows 10 - It has everything that Microsoft offers for a windows OS.
Windows 10N - The N version of Windows comes without a media player baked into the system.
Windows 10KN - This version removes Windows' media playing capabilities.
Windows SLP - This will have only language pre-installed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/difference-between-windows-10-windows-10n-windows/9cfde2eb-011b-4227-91f5-00168a74525f

Colif

Win 11 Master

I hate that error. try removing the USB before the PC restarts on that screen.

I can't see anything in your bios that lets you boot from a drive once and then switch back to normal install. When I clean installed 2 weeks ago, I had to make USB 1st item in boot order but Win 10 just ignored the USB on the next restart and used my ssd instead. Win 10 should have changed boot order in your bios to ignore USB before that restart

Nov 1, 2018

Okay so it works and i can log in again! The prob must that my hdd got corrupted file. And i think the solution is boot from bios using f11, the menu that only showing boot option. And select the usb/dvd, so u dont need to changed the boot prior. And thanks for the help guys! I really appriciate it

Colif

Win 11 Master

Yeah, that was what I was looking for. Glad you worked it out :)