Startup fail repair fail windows hacked..me thinks

hashem333

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
I was recently browsing the web and all the sudden I was seeing two permission requests for changes. I don't remember for which program though. Then all the sudden my laptop decides to restart. And it when it reaches the hp screen it freezes and displays a small section of my upper screen distorted. So I restart and go start up repair with no luck. Then I try safe mode with no luck. And then finally I throuh system restore and my laptop still freezes at the hp logo. Eventually I go back to startup repair and it tells me that it cannot repair this computer automatically and theproblem details go like this...

Problem Event Name:
StartupRepairOffline

Prob Sig 1: 6.1.7600.16385
Prob Sig 2: 6.1.7600.16385
Prob sig 3: unknown
prob sig 4: 21200702
prob sig 5: AutoFailover
prob sig 6: 4
prob sig 7: corrupt file
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Is there anyway I can fix my computer without losing all the good stuff located on my computer.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I booting in Safe Mode fails, the best option to completely remove the virus is to reimage your computer but will lose all your data.

You can remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer using a USB to ATA/IDE adapter. The save your personal files. If the 2nd computer uses Windows, make sure to scan your hard drive first for virus before copying your data. There will be a hidden partition that is about 11GB; this is the recovery partition. Do NOT erase this partition.

Put back the hard drive and reimage the computer. Turn the computer on and hit F11 key (I believe its F11 on HP). There is an option to restore to factory settings. This basically will reformat the drive and restore it to factory state (the way it was when you bought it). After the computer is reimaged it is good idea to burn the reimage info on DVDs just in case the recovery partition is damaged in the future.

If the recovery partition is damaged, then you need to install a generic Windows in your laptop. Underneath the laptop there is a sticker from Microsoft. It shows what version of Windows the keycode is for. You have to install the same version and use the keycode printed on the label. Go to HP website and look for the model to see if it is 32bit or 64bit Windows and to download all the drivers (using another computer, of course).

Invest on a good antivirus (NOD32 or Avast for freebie). I tend to avoid Norton or McAfee because they are installed in most PCs and consequently most target by viruses.

Good luck.