Startup problem, corrupted file

jozla

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
When i turn on my computer i got message that i have file in this location:\Windows\system32\osloader.exe damaged or it is malware or something and below that it says status: 0xc0000428 and when i press enter computer starts normaly and everything is fine but i just want to know is this something bad and can i fix it somehow. Help please.
P.S. I have scanned for viruses and malware and i cleaned everything.

Solution
Once you get into windows, open up a CMD with administrator privileges window (from start menu) and type in sfc /scannow . If there's any corrupted system files, that'll fix them. If it's some 3rd party software trying to load at boot, type in msconfig.exe in the Run space in start menu. Look at the bootlog.txt tab and see what was failing and what it's linked to and either get rid of the software or reinstall it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Once you get into windows, open up a CMD with administrator privileges window (from start menu) and type in sfc /scannow . If there's any corrupted system files, that'll fix them. If it's some 3rd party software trying to load at boot, type in msconfig.exe in the Run space in start menu. Look at the bootlog.txt tab and see what was failing and what it's linked to and either get rid of the software or reinstall it.

Solution

jozla

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
Thank you for advise i have already done scan with CMD it said that corrupted files are found and some of them can't be repaired. And i opened msconfig and in boot section i had 2 sort of windows (Windows 7:current OS and Windows fast mode) and i set current OS to default. Now when i turn on computer i get same black screen without that message (screen dissapears after 2-3 sec ) and computer starts normaly so i think problem is solved.

friedlander.m.s

Honorable
Feb 16, 2018

It's always nice to make a back up of all your files- first.
Turn off antivirus and firewall, turn off any security.
(unplug internet) This prevents upgrading to windows 10 or similar problems.
Put windows disk in the drive, and select "upgrade."
This replaces the operating system (using win 7 disk) without erasing files or programs.
The corrupted files will be replaced.

TRENDING THREADS