Startup problem with my computer

Jul 15, 2018
I was playing a game with my friend and during the game my moniter was filled with horizontal grey lines and the audio was repeating. I restarted my computer in hopes of it working but it goes to a black screen with no cursor or sound, after showing the windows logo (windows 7). I used the automatic repair tool many times with no success. I have also tried a System Restore and a Last Good Known Configuration. I have unplugged all of my usb's excluding my mouse and keyboard. I can use safe mode with no problems. I noticed during the "Windows Error Recovery" selection page that there are slightly transparent veritcal green bars. With Startup Launch Repair it says error 0x0 for everything and that a patch is preventing windows from starting up. A friend told me it could possibly be my graphics card because of the screen artifacting and when playing some games he would hear the fan be extremely loud

Solution
Yeah sounds like a graphics card issue to me. Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), run it in safe mode, completely remove your graphics card drivers. Then reinstall them (likely you will be able to run Windows in normal mode without graphics card drivers even if your card is busted as it will just pass the signal through unaltered), that might fix it. If not then you're card has broken down, if you bought it within 2-3 years you should be able to get a free replacement from the manufacturer/place of purchase.

Synchronicity

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Yeah sounds like a graphics card issue to me. Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), run it in safe mode, completely remove your graphics card drivers. Then reinstall them (likely you will be able to run Windows in normal mode without graphics card drivers even if your card is busted as it will just pass the signal through unaltered), that might fix it. If not then you're card has broken down, if you bought it within 2-3 years you should be able to get a free replacement from the manufacturer/place of purchase.

Solution