Startup repair/stuck on BIOS

A_fearsome_grue

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
Hey everyone. I woke up this morning to my laptop telling me that the startup needs repair. Press ESC to enter BIOS or some other such thing.

I did that and tried doing something with the startup routine there. I think I disabled quick start. I then tried to restart but it brings be straight to BIOS and I don't know what to do from there.

I've tried looking up how to make a Windows 8.1 bootable USB but apparently I need the serial number for Windows (which, if it's IN Windows, fat lotta good that does me). Also, I've tried looking up information on how to solve it and all I get is, "insert the CD that came with your computer..." (my laptop DOESN'T have a CD drive) and, "In Windows, swipe from the left to access the recovery manager" Yeah, that would help if I could access Windows.

I have another laptop that runs Windows 7, a Nexus 7, an iPad 3 and a 2008 iMac. Can ANY of those help me?

A_fearsome_grue

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
You know, whenever I search for an answer to a computer question, I Google it and 9 times out of 10, it'll come back with something from this forum. So, naturally I joined up thinking this would be my one stop shopping place for answers to computer questions.

Nope. Three questions, I get a snide SOB and people relying that don't have a clue. And this thread. I kinda thought it was simple for some. Guess not.

I quite expect to be spam bombed for this. Have fun.