StartUp Southbridge error?

KG

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

I recently reloaded a spare system with a Gigabity GA -7VRX mother board with win 98 SE. The
system receives a "No Vt82C686X Southbridge detected error when windows is through loading. I
have reloaded everything I can think of in device manager that has to do with sound and have
reloaded the VIA 4 in 1 drivers with different versions, Google hasn't been much help, any ideas??
Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net

Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult.

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Sounds like either a hardware failure or the wrong drivers were loaded at
some point. Do the Southbridge devices work?