[SOLVED] "State of affairs of Windows 11 22H2 as of March 31st 2023" - - it's a mess ?

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
I Googled "state of affairs of Windows 11 pro as of March 31st 2023."

Google responded Windows is currently a mess.
I have never heard such an unprofessional response.
Although I have recurring problems such as inability to run a Defender scan and many other problems, I am able to correct them but obviously it shouldn't have to be this way.
Is everyone having the same problem I am where you resolve one problem and another pops up?
The articles I'm reading seem to blame it on the updates that occurred in March.
What is the outlook for Windows in the coming months?
Who is at the helm while problems are reoccurring?
I would prefer having a stable OS rather than have to entertain another platform.
What is your opinion?

Solution
i have used win 11 since approx July 2021 on this PC and its been so stable I tend to forget its not windows 10. Its only when I load a win 10 VM that I can see the differences now. Once I moved start menu to the left side on the 1st day, it just felt like windows.

Its just a new UI, thats about only difference on surface.

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
That is a healthy and also an appropriate way of looking at it. I don’t think I will be speaking with Google for a while. I’m managing to keep my system afloat. That must admit that I’m having to fix a few more issues that I like.

P.S . I performed a clean install and then scanned with Defender, Emsissoft and MBAM showing no issues. I then ran SFC.
However, I have to try to scan with Defender a few times before it will scan. This is what I meant about constant issues that need repairing.
I am not a tech but have been on the pc for over 20 years, learning along the way. I never had issues like the ones I have been repairing as of late.
I would be more specific if I could remember these but am too busy working on this current one.

Last edited:

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
Old Abe never had Chrome not open properly AFTER the events in post 3 particularly Defender not opening. I finaly got both to work intermittenly.

Seriously, after a clean install why would Defender and Chrome not function properly. Could I have a corrupted third party app?
If so, how would I detect it? I am not sure how to do so will look to YouTube for the procedure.

ubuysa

Distinguished
You could certainly have a corrupt third-party driver. When you do a clean install for the purpose of getting a clean system, you need to test it thoroughly with just vanilla Windows installed. Don't immediately install all your third-party stuff because you run the risk of reinstalling the problem.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for that; I never realized it. For example, I use my 2 flash drives over each time. They contain data important to me I don't like kept in the pc. I have scanned them, but I do get your point. From now on I will check for issues before installing anything.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thanks for that; I never realized it. For example, I use my 2 flash drives over each time. They contain data important to me I don't like kept in the pc. I have scanned them, but I do get your point. From now on I will check for issues before installing anything.
the person above you wasn't talking about a USB drive. He said Driver. There is a difference. Drivers are software that help windows use your hardware.

If windows is playing up, you could try a repair install - it will roll windows back to how it was when 22H2 was released. It might fix defender - https://www.elevenforum.com/t/repair-install-windows-11-with-an-in-place-upgrade.418/

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
The data I have is on a sheet hidden and also on two separate flash drives.
I also have two images of all with Macrium paid on two separate external drives. I keep one unplugged in case of an attack.
Thank you for your concern and yes I could have been in more detail before this.
I have not gotten around to password managers yet.

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
I also have two images of all with Macrium paid on two separate external drives. I keep one unplugged in case of an attack.
Thank you for your concern and yes I could have been in more detail before this.
What is the recommended way?

USAFRet

Titan
What we're saying is that flash drives are at the bottom in terms of reliability or loss.

Reactions: PDN

USAFRet

Titan
What is a reliable way to store data?
HDD, SSD, cloud.

For me, flash drives are only used for transient data. If I need to move from one system to another.
Or in the dash cams or UAV.

The basic concept is 3-2-1.
3 copies, on at least 2 different media, at least 1 offsite or otherwise inaccessible.

You're on the right track. Just change 'flash drive' to something else.

Somewhat modified since I wrote this, but the basics:

Reactions: PDN

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have all my music on a 256gb USB drive. But its also on hdd and on thee cloud. I just like to have it on USB as its easier to access when not at my pc. For many years losing all my music was a nightmare I didn't want to think about. Time replacing it would have been too much to cope with.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Both of my Win 11 systems, 1 Home and 1 Pro, are on 22H2.
Exactly zero issues for either.

If you google for "problems", you will find some small minority of people with those "problems.
But if that is all you see, you assume the problems are far more widespread than they are.

People with zero issues don't post "Hey, my system is running great!"

Exactly this. Been running W11 since it was released... not a single issue to report.

As Abraham Lincoln once said; "you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet".

This too. Abe was a wise man.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have used win 11 since approx July 2021 on this PC and its been so stable I tend to forget its not windows 10. Its only when I load a win 10 VM that I can see the differences now. Once I moved start menu to the left side on the 1st day, it just felt like windows.

Its just a new UI, thats about only difference on surface.

Solution