Static/Crackling noise raising/lowering windows volume

G

Hello. When i raise/lower windows volume i get static and crackling sound, also when listening to music i can hear some of the static noise but not as bad as when im raising/lowering the volume in windows. what ive tried:

Updated all drivers to latest.
Format windows
default bios options
tried older realtek drivers
tried only using windows sound driver
different gpu socket
different headphones
different psu sockets

I noticed my gpu is running on the same irq as my hd audio. could this be the cause? can you change that?

audie-tron25

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
I would guess that you've also tried using the back ports? Could you also list your specs?

It's possible that it could be interference from you graphics card if it is a high power unit but it could also be defective on-board sound. Have you tried removing the graphics card and running on-board graphics to see if that is the issue?

If that doesn't affect it, you might have to get a sound card to replace it. Something cheap like a Xonar DG will do fine.

G

Hi so i just tested with onboard graphics and the screen is flickering on and off constantly, and the static is even worse. I noticed that it also became worse by ranmping up voltages in bios for overclock. and i also hear static nopise when i plug in the psu cable into the PSU.... my psu is an evga g2 55w just 1 year old.