[SOLVED] Static display on my PC

Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017
Hi, im using an old AOC e936Vw.

Could there be a problem with my DVI cable?

This static display im getting is the same as what you get when you are using the PC and something hit the dvi cable.

I've been getting this randomly from quite a while now while playing, but now it happened when I was just browsing the internet. Im thinking of buying a new cable to test it out if he cable is the culprit. Would this be the right course of action?

Solution
"Im thinking of buying a new cable to test it out if he cable is the culprit. Would this be the right course of action?"

As a starting point, yes it would. It's the only way to find out if it's the cable that's bad. Always start troubleshooting by swapping out the cheapest component to begin with.
"Im thinking of buying a new cable to test it out if he cable is the culprit. Would this be the right course of action?"

As a starting point, yes it would. It's the only way to find out if it's the cable that's bad. Always start troubleshooting by swapping out the cheapest component to begin with.

Solution

Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017

Thanks for the reply! Would wish that the cable would arrive much earlier for me to test it out. Would give an update about this when I've swapped out the cables.